Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALL ARMY girlfriends/wives/fiance/and more READ THIS PLEASE

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

ALL ARMY girlfriends/wives/fiance/and more READ THIS PLEASE

Advertisements
    Okay to all the army wives. What base are you at?
    Do you live off or on post? How do you like that base??? HONESTLY. I really need to know in case we pcs somewhere else.
  2. MrsKola
    We're at Ft. Campbell. I love it there although a lot of people dont. We lived off post about 15 minutes away. I didnt like the aparment. I wouldnt move back there. Theres not really too much to do for entertainment, but we're hang out with friends kinda people, so it never really was a problem for us. If you like going out and doing things then you may not like it so much.
  3. Senior Member
    We're at Fort Sill, OK. We live 2 minutes from post in a house in a nice neighborhood. The school for this area is nice. However I dislike Oklahoma and the Lawton area period.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Ft. Lewis and we live off post. I wouldn't want to live on base but that's just my personal preference.
  5. Senior Member
    Ft. Riley. We live about 20 minutes from post right now, we're moving closer soon though. A lot of the older guys in my husband's platoon complain about not having as much to do because Manhattan is very much a college town (since K-State's here too) and you have to look to find the family-oriented stuff - we've definitely got it, but it's not as obvious as the bar scene. You can find plenty to do though, you just have to be creative sometimes. I will say however that there are SO many people moving to Manhattan/Junction City because they're bringing a couple of units (I don't know what part of the units or anything) from Germany. The town can get pretty crowded.

6 months down. 6 to go.
  6. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Fort Hood- we like it here.

Was in Baumholder, Germany- hated it.. loved the country, beautiful area, but the town itself was horribly isolated and small.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKola View Post
    We're at Ft. Campbell. I love it there although a lot of people dont. We lived off post about 15 minutes away. I didnt like the aparment. I wouldnt move back there. Theres not really too much to do for entertainment, but we're hang out with friends kinda people, so it never really was a problem for us. If you like going out and doing things then you may not like it so much.

I am at ft campbell too I love it here personally.... I live off base in clarksville tennessee. it is true that there isnt much to do here.. but we are only about 30-45 minutes away from nashville where there is PLENTY to do
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We're at Ft. Benning and we own a home off post. I hated it at first, but it's ok. I just don't like the South. The people are nice, but it's hotter than Hell and the bugs are atrocious. I just want to go back where it's cold in the winter!!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldEyes View Post
    We're at Ft. Benning and we own a home off post. I hated it at first, but it's ok. I just don't like the South. The people are nice, but it's hotter than Hell and the bugs are atrocious. I just want to go back where it's cold in the winter!!
    ugh... I am NOT going to miss wisconsin winter this year!! It was long and horribly cold the past couple of years and I am SO SICK of snow! I'm VERY thankful to be in Tennessee
    Georgia would be shitty in the summer though... I was down there in november for Andrew's bct graduation and it was still fairly warm!
  10. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I believe there are base reviews you can check out in the location area of the site.

You should research what are you want to live in and have your DH change his "wish list" on AKO. He should also talk to his branch manager if you guys really want a specific location.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast