Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juicers?

1. Senior Member

Juicers?

Advertisements
    I got inspired by the smoothie thread and wanna buy a juicer soon.
    Which one do you use and can recommend? It's especially important to me that it's easy to clean and gets all juice out.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Senior Member
    i started out with a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, it's a centrifugal juicer, which ideally isn't as healthy. It was harder to clean than the one I have now. I now use a Champion, which is a single-gear masticating style, so it doesn't break down and destroy the enzymes as much, it's quick to use, durable and easy clean up. The Champion makes baby foods, nut butters, sorbets, sauces, etc. It's very useful. I've heard great things about the Omega juicer, as well. This website is pretty helpful in explaining juicers: All About Juicing: Benefits, Juicer Reviews, Free Recipes and More
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    i started out with a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, it's a centrifugal juicer, which ideally isn't as healthy. It was harder to clean than the one I have now. I now use a Champion, which is a single-gear masticating style, so it doesn't break down and destroy the enzymes as much, it's quick to use, durable and easy clean up. The Champion makes baby foods, nut butters, sorbets, sauces, etc. It's very useful. I've heard great things about the Omega juicer, as well. This website is pretty helpful in explaining juicers: All About Juicing: Benefits, Juicer Reviews, Free Recipes and More
    Thank you so much for the link! I've had no idea that the type of juicer could make such a difference in nutrients of the juice. I have to go cheapy for now because I'm only a poor student but I'll definitely get single- or double gear one once I have a grown-up job
  4. Senior Member
    I agree with Carmel 100%. I started out with a Jack Lalanne juicer and it worked decently, but it was a little harder to clean. When we got married we got a Champion juicer and it is much easier to clean / use.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use Hamilton Beach. This is my first one, so I dont really know if its easy to clean comparing to other juicers. I like it though.
  6. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    I have a vitamix thats a blender combo for both food and liquid. Powerful little thing, but as far as just a juicer Im not sure. Make sure you read reviews!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

After tons of research, we ended up getting a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer. Basically with all the research that I read and reviews, people said that this one was excellent, price is right, and cleans well. Other than this one, the next best ones are the way more expensive, top of the line ones because many burn out after so many uses.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a Waring Pro juicer and it works well, it's just annoying to clean.
  9. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!

i want one so bad.
    and all i can find are reviews that are either OMGYOUMUSTBUYAJACKLALANNE or OMGDONOTTTTTTBUYAJACKLALANNE
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    I had a Jack Lalanne and it was a pain in the butt to clean.
    My step mom is a health nutso and bought me a Nutribullet at Bed Bath and Beyond. Using a coupon I think it was $60? It does a really good job, even with blending nuts and seeds for a smoothie. She says it is better than juicing because you get all the fiber from the outside? I don't know, she is the health nut.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast