Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juicers?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Jack LaLane juicer is a BEECH to clean.
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  2. Senior Member
    I bought a Vitamix instead of a juicer. With most if not all juicers, the pulp/fiber is what you body needs and to much straight juice is not healthy as it messes with you blood sugar. With a Vitamix I can use whole fruits and/or veggies and make smoothies, soups all kinds of things. You can look online and find them at a good price for refurbished ones

It is very easy to clean
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I had a Jack Lalanne and it was a pain in the butt to clean.
    My step mom is a health nutso and bought me a Nutribullet at Bed Bath and Beyond. Using a coupon I think it was $60? It does a really good job, even with blending nuts and seeds for a smoothie. She says it is better than juicing because you get all the fiber from the outside? I don't know, she is the health nut.
    I tend to agree with your Mom. I have a ninja blender (saving for a vitamix), and I just do all the juice recipes in there. Granted, I've never tried to blend a carrot, or some other really hard fruits/veggies. However, I am doing the Dr. Oz 3-day detox cleanse right now and its blending through things really well.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    Funny how this thread picked up again after several months
    I actually ended up getting a Gastroback Juicer which I absolutely love! It's really easy to clean and gets alot of juice out.
  5. Senior Member
    There are pros and cons to both juicing and blending. Trying to compare the two and pick which is "better for you" is silly. Incorporate both and you'll be good.
  6. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    i started out with a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, it's a centrifugal juicer, which ideally isn't as healthy. It was harder to clean than the one I have now. I now use a Champion, which is a single-gear masticating style, so it doesn't break down and destroy the enzymes as much, it's quick to use, durable and easy clean up. The Champion makes baby foods, nut butters, sorbets, sauces, etc. It's very useful. I've heard great things about the Omega juicer, as well. This website is pretty helpful in explaining juicers: All About Juicing: Benefits, Juicer Reviews, Free Recipes and More
    Thank you so much for this link!!!! DH and I are going to be started a juice cleanse to jump start our diet here in about a week. I signed up for my work's Biggest Loser contest and our first weigh in this coming Friday. I am looking into juicers right now and it is looking like the Hamilton Beach one will work fine for us with our budget then maybe down the road and we really like the whole juicing thing, we might get something a little more.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I know its not a "juicer", but I use my Ninja to juice my fruits and veggies. It works incredibly fast, and uses the entire vegetable.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12