Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Green Mommas

1. Regular Member

Green Mommas

Advertisements
    I use cloth bags for grocery shopping. We use unpaper towels for cleaning around the house, and cloth diaper and cloth wipes. I use a German style mop, where there is a mop rag, and a microfiber type rag that you put on the mop to use it, and then wash it afterward. I use a mixture of water and vinegar to mop with.

I use goatsmilk laundry soap that my friend made. We recycle, and when the weather is warm (not 20 degrees like it has been) I hand the laundry out on the clothes line. In our house, all but 4 bulbs are energy savers, and in the house we rent, every time a bulb blows, we replace it with an energy saver (which we plan to take with us).

I also use mama cloth and absolutely love them (no more rash when af visits). We use the energy saving setting on our dishwasher.

We give Christmas presents, and pretty much any other present in a reusable bag, sometimes a Chico, so no paper goes to waste. In the summer time, I shop the farmers market for fresh, locally grown produce.
  2. Senior Member
    We do the farmers market, reusable bags and light bulbs as well.
    It took longer than we thought. Now 2 IUI's, 3 IVF's, 1 FET .
    One day at a time, one step at a time, and one day we will get there.
    DS Feb 2013 and Adopted DS Aug 2012
  3. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

All of our light bulbs are energy savers, use hemp bags, if I have plastic bags then I use them as trash bags, mop with vinegar and water as well as clean surfaces with that mixture, keep random items that would normally be thrown away in a junk box that I turn into art/craft projects, very conscientious of my water usage, not currently but used to have my own herb garden as well as fruit trees. (we're buying a house currently so once we're settled you can best believe I'll have my plants/trees back. )

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope. View Post
    All of our light bulbs are energy savers, use hemp bags, if I have plastic bags then I use them as trash bags, mop with vinegar and water as well as clean surfaces with that mixture, keep random items that would normally be thrown away in a junk box that I turn into art/craft projects, very conscientious of my water usage, not currently but used to have my own herb garden as well as fruit trees. (we're buying a house currently so once we're settled you can best believe I'll have my plants/trees back. )
    I look forward to having a garden some day. We are supposed to be at the next duty station for 3 years, so I figure, that will be my chance. Plastic bags can also be recycled at WalMart. I use the vinegar/water mixture for household cleaning as well. I figure if my boys get ahold of it, at most, it will taste bad.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No more cloth diapers for us since our kids our older.

But we do recycle as much as we can here. We make our own laundry soap, fabric softener, cleaning products. Eat/use as much organic as we can (which is difficult here).

We are going to be gardening here soon.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    No more cloth diapers for us since our kids our older.

But we do recycle as much as we can here. We make our own laundry soap, fabric softener, cleaning products. Eat/use as much organic as we can (which is difficult here).

We are going to be gardening here soon.
    How do you make your own laundry soap? I have a friend who makes goat milk laundry soap, but when we move, I don't know how I'm going to get my hands on it since it would probably be pricey to ship. Did you use it on your cloth diapers?
    Christina, WAHM to James (4) and Justin (2),and our angel Julia 7-28-10. I specialize in all things sewn, especially military apparel for children: http://www.hyenacart.com/creativemamas
    http://www.craftsbychristina.etsy.com
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I recycle too, I dont use plastic bags for shopping. And I use baking soda for cleaning and washing dishes.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I recycle too, I dont use plastic bags for shopping. And I use baking soda for cleaning and washing dishes.
    This thread's from almost 3 years ago...
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Super old. Make a new on if you want to talk about it.