Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Natural Febreeze Alternative

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Natural Febreeze Alternative

Advertisements
    I've been wanting to find one for a while, so I kind of made up my own. It smells sooooo good, and not at all chemical-y, because, well, there are no chemicals in it... I've been spraying everything in my house all day, and it smells amazing.

Take a spray bottle and fill it with water. Dump a bunch of tea tree oil and lavender essential oil (or you can sub the lavender for whatever you like) and shake. You'll know you've added enough if it smells good. (Sorry, I don't have specific measurements. I would guess I used about 20 drops of tea tree and 25 of lavender per 16 ounces of water.)

Enjoy!

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I've been using this too--just lavender oil, but YUMM! I spray our sheets and closet with it, and the linen closet. It's cheap, too, and you can reuse the bottle!
  3. Senior Member
    This is a great idea! I'll have to try it out! Thanks
    ~Sara~
  4. Stresses over everything!
    Stresses over everything!
    I've taken a year long course in aromatherapy and I LOVE essential oils. The whole time I was around EO's I was never sick.
  5. Proud Marine Wifey
    Proud Marine Wifey
    That sounds wonderful for around the apartment. DH loves the smell of leather, and loves the Yankee Candle Leather scent (hasn't found another leather scent that he likes), but has a hard time finding the car air fresheners in leather. Anything that you ladies know of to either make his car smell like leather or something that would be masculine that he might like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Why the hell are tehre Christmas presents in the oven?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesAggieWife View Post
    That sounds wonderful for around the apartment. DH loves the smell of leather, and loves the Yankee Candle Leather scent (hasn't found another leather scent that he likes), but has a hard time finding the car air fresheners in leather. Anything that you ladies know of to either make his car smell like leather or something that would be masculine that he might like?
    Find a Scentsy consultant...they have travel tins and car candles (aka just like the regular car air freshners) in leather. I loved having one in my truck...smelled like I just walked into a tack room.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That is a good idea! I have been wondering about that. I like my house to smell pretty, but Febreze is so strong and chemical-y. I have already switched to natural cleaners and I use water and vinegar in the kitchen. I can't handle the fumes these days.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
    I've been wanting to find one for a while, so I kind of made up my own. It smells sooooo good, and not at all chemical-y, because, well, there are no chemicals in it... I've been spraying everything in my house all day, and it smells amazing.

Take a spray bottle and fill it with water. Dump a bunch of tea tree oil and lavender essential oil (or you can sub the lavender for whatever you like) and shake. You'll know you've added enough if it smells good. (Sorry, I don't have specific measurements. I would guess I used about 20 drops of tea tree and 25 of lavender per 16 ounces of water.)

Enjoy!

I absolutely love this idea! Febreeze can be so expensive on top of who knows whatever they put in there. I found a great website to find essential oils on. It's called wholesalesupplies plus. I've been buying stuff from there for a while now that I use to make my own soaps. I do a lot of house cleaning so anything I can make myself to save money and the environment is great all around!
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Closed thread, it's old and OP is no longer here. Please pay attention to the dates when replying to threads. Thanks