Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire your dryer!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Good job torie!!! With 3 kids and no husband that might be a lil much to put on my plate:p
  2. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I'd LOVE to fire my dryer but it rains too much here to get my clothes dry outside So I just use dryer balls to reduce my drying time
  3. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I love line drying my clothes - but I'm not one to line dry inside I love the smell of freshly dried clothes outside on the line though
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  4. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    In Australia EVERYONE line dries. We have these clothes lines called "Hills Hoists"
    They are a square and they spin and they collapse down. Every back yard has 'em.
    (Click here for Wikipedia Info)

And most (99%) of people have a few lines strung up in their garage or carport in case of rain. I think only about 50% of people have dryers for use in case of an emergency or something.

When I moved to the States I was baffled by the fact that everyone uses dryers 100% of the time.

It seems so wasteful. Can't wait to move into a house with a yard and put up a clothes line!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezramedic View Post
    In Australia EVERYONE line dries. We have these clothes lines called "Hills Hoists"
    They are a square and they spin and they collapse down. Every back yard has 'em.

And most (99%) of people have a few lines strung up in their garage or carport in case of rain. I think only about 50% of people have dryers for use in case of an emergency or something.

When I moved to the States I was baffled by the fact that everyone uses dryers 100% of the time.

It seems so wasteful. Can't wait to move into a house with a yard and put up a clothes line!

Thats what we had in France! I miss it so much... I loved drying my clothes outside but housing wont allow outdoor clothes lines here. I dry a lot of stuff inside and via a line in the garage, but I do still use my dryer plenty too.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Andrew made me a clothesline when we moved in it was on my required 'we have to do this to the house immediately' list... in fact, it was the only thing I really cared about...

drying clothes in the sun helps get out organic stains too! All my cloth diapers are poop stain free And it is a natural sanitizer.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ezramedic View Post

My family in Germany has one of those too
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  8. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    I miss having a clothes line so much.
    Sheets and towels just don't smell as good from a dryer!
  9. Senior Member
    When I was growing up we always line dried, housing won't let you here.
  10. Junior Member
    I listened to a report on NPR about residential areas that were being challenged because they had laws against putting your laundry on the line.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast