Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Baby has an earache- any homeopathis suggestions?

1. Regular Member

Baby has an earache- any homeopathis suggestions?

Advertisements
    I've noticed my 1yr old tugging at his ear.. I am not big into all the pharmaceutical treatments that have a side-effects list longer than the Declaration of Independence. Has anyone found a good homeopathic cure?
    looking for a one-of-a-kind bag to show your pride?!
    Fly-Bagz.com<BR>

2. Senior Member
    Has the child had ear infections before?

I , maybe it's just me, but treating a 1 yr. old with "homeopathic cure" at a year old just doesn't sound all that good.

in finding something that works.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Are you sure it's an earache? My niece pulled at her ears when she was beginning teething...

ETA: Or maybe it was when she was cutting molars... Something like that, though.
  4. Regular Member

Homeopathic

I'd probably just make her as comfortable as possible. Use otc medicines for a day or two. Maybe give her something to chew on washcloth or something to try and cause some fluid to drain. I usually wait until the child is really uncomfortable and it's been a couple of days. Most ear infections are viral not bacterial and I'd rather wait to treat to make sure it really requires treatment if it's still bad I'd take the baby to your healthcare provider. Additionally if there is a fever I'd take the baby earlier.
  5. Junior Member
    My oldest had ear infections left and right when she was little. She NEVER tugged at her ears or even ran a fever with any of them. She ended up needing tubes... I am NOT a fan of antibiotics, but I would still bring your little one to confirm that it is in fact a an ear infection. You don't have to give him the meds if you don't want to.

Hylands makes an ear ache drop that is all natural that will relieve any pain that he may be having. They also make an ear ache tablet, but I am not sure what ages is recommended for those.

The main thing I would be concerned with is if he is prone to getting them. With my oldest (she is 5 now) she battled them for 18 months before the doctors agreed to put tubes in. It effected her hearing, which ended up effecting her speech.

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't recommend asking for or taking medical advice from an online forum. When the doctor asks what you did, looks aghast and asks "Who told you to do that?" what are you going to answer- Jz0eisleu%*<3 from a chat room?

If the child is tugging at their ears, s/he should be seen by a health care provider. Lots of things can cause the ear to itch or be painful. They aren't going to prescribe antibiotics unless there is an actual infection; if it's not an infection they'll probably give you analgesic drops.
  7. Regular Member
    thanks for the advise everyone. I forgot about the teething thing.. That's probably what it is since he's not running a fever or has any other s/s.
    looking for a one-of-a-kind bag to show your pride?!
    Fly-Bagz.com<BR>

8. Senior Member
    I'm wary of overusing antibiotics too, but you really shouldn't mess around with ear infections... THOSE HURT when you're a baby!!!

Take him to the doctor..

This is what my friend Marta posted on her FB in the last two weeks:

Sitting in the ER with Kayden. He is having a CT scan because of a major infection in his ear causing swelling into his face. Pray it is a easy fix.

SAD!! We are heading to childrens as i speak. Kaydens infection is eatting away at the bone and because this can cause a brain infection he needs to go down NOW. Im 98% sure he will be having surgery. Please keep him in prayer and us too as Frank is having to miss work for this and already was called off last week so money is tight for the bills.Kayden is the most important thing now so all that can be put on hold.

Thank you all.. Well we are in childrens minneapolis but we are still in there ER waiting on a room and to see the ENT so I still have no new news. I will post as i know. Once again thank you for the prayers. WE ALL NEED SLEEP LOL

OK so we are still in ER YUCK!! ENT came and saw kayden prays God! Kayden has a bad infection but it is NOT what Brainerd thought.. when they saw the CT scan they said that the infection had enterd the bone but what they saw was old scaring from past surgery. So from what im told Kayden will have a wick put in his ear to help the drops drain and if this works with the iv meds he will not need surgery.

So 19 to 20 hours in 2 ER rooms is not fun at all.. Kayden got a room at around 4pm. He is sleeping and feeling much better after a little morphine and IV meds. I thank God for listening to our prayers as this is looking like it is getting better and if he continues to do well over night we can go home in the morn. For once somthing that looked bad for him turned out not so bad.One again thank you all for the prayers

Can we ever just get good news?? ER DR from childrens just called and kaydens blood cultures show a blood infection not sure yet what type but could mean that his first diagnosis was correct. im waiting for her to call me back as she was consulting with the ENT Dr's before calling me back. Pray that this is just somthing we can treat easy. My poor son has been poked at enough.

Get your child some professional medical care, OP??
  9. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    For me, when my ears hurt, I heat up a rice bag, wrap it in a towel, and hold it to my ear or sleep with that on my pillow, laying on the side that hurts. With a child, I wouldn't mess around either. My sister's eardrum burst when she was younger from an ear infection that got out of hand. That's not something you want to mess around with.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!