Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No poo method - washing with baking soda

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

No poo method - washing with baking soda

Advertisements
    Abbienikol (I'm probably spelling that wrong, sorry!) was curious as to how my hair looks washing with baking soda so I thought I'd make a thread.

I just took these pictures. I haven't washed my hair today.

I already had very healthy normal hair because I don't blow dry or straighten or use gels or anything and have never washed my hair every day but I still saw an improvement once I switched. My hair is shinier... I didn't know my hair could be shiny, but it kinda is now!

I use 2tbsp on baking soda in 1 cup of water and then I use 2tbsp on apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water. Some people use different amounts. This works for me I let the baking soda sit in my hair while I shave and then let the acv sit in my hair while I wash my face (My body gets washed last because I use a sugar scrub that I don't want in my hair.) I rub both in very well before letting it sit and while rinsing out. I rinse out VERY well. You need to or you smell like vinegar! So long as you rinse well, there should be no vinegar smell.

I didn't have the typical transition period. No greasiness or anything. I am very glad I decided to do this! It is easy, CHEAP, and good for my health and the earth's. The crap is shampoo is so icky!
  2. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Out of curiosity how bad is tea tree oil shampoo for the earth? (I know random right?)
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casadorra View Post
    Out of curiosity how bad is tea tree oil shampoo for the earth? (I know random right?)
    tea tree oil is AWESOME! It is great used to get rid of acne and in cloth wipe solutions and for cleaning. It is fine for the planet. As for shampoo.. it depends on what else is in it. You don't want sodium lauryl sulfate because that is bad not only for your skin and hair, but for the earth.

http://www.natural-health-informatio...l-sulfate.html

Pretty much any mainstream shampoo you buy will have this in it. Shampoo is unnecessary though and you can actually just use a good conditioner.

I myself like beauty without cruelty products. The shampoos are SLS free and there is a tea tree oil one
  4. Senior Member
    what about conditioning wise because i can NOT brush through my hair unless i use a lot of conditioner

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    what about conditioning wise because i can NOT brush through my hair unless i use a lot of conditioner
    The apple cider vinegar, I'm totally serious here, makes my hair just as soft and manageable as conditioner... but a good conditioner with no shampoo works wonders for a lot of people. They JUST wash and condition with the one conditioner.
  6. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    wow!! I am totally impressed. I will try it on sunday I have to get some apple cider vinegar.
    Thank you
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    The apple cider vinegar, I'm totally serious here, makes my hair just as soft and manageable as conditioner... but a good conditioner with no shampoo works wonders for a lot of people. They JUST wash and condition with the one conditioner.
    weird...really? im going to try jsut using conditioner for awhile...

8. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    How long have you been doing it for? I've heard that the baking soda is only until you wean yourself off of shampoo because after a while it can be harsh on your scalp.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Also, try J/A/S/O/N products; they're a wonderful natural alternative.

http://www.jason-natural.com/product..._hair_care.php
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    How long have you been doing it for? I've heard that the baking soda is only until you wean yourself off of shampoo because after a while it can be harsh on your scalp.
    a couple of weeks.. I know people who have been doing it for months. Some people say they eventually have to adjust how much they use though.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast