Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No poo method - washing with baking soda

1. Banned
    Banned
    Advertisements
    I was really curious about this too, thanks for posting it. It seems like a huge money saver, not to mention green. The shampoo ive been using is purple and it stained my tub Im thinking that can't be good for my hair.

Is the apple cider vinegar (sp?) really that good? I wonder because my hair is SOOO thick and dry naturally. I don't use products or and heated items (like blow drier) except for on very rare occasions like maybe a wedding. I also don't wash it everyday.

So im wondering if the apple cider would work well for very uncontrollable hair, or if there are other options?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I use apple cider vinegar as a rinse for my hair to help remove buildup. I use it once a month. Love it. I don't consider it as a softening agent. My hair is super duper curly. Think afro.

My shampoos and conditioners come from the health food store: cruetly free, no SLS. Love them.
    =]
    This is very interesting, thanks for posting! I think I'll try this tomorrow, not because it's green but it sounds like a great money saver and I'm interested to see what it does for my hair

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I personally LOVE acv! My hair is very soft If your hair is really thick, then using a bit more than I do would be a good idea but it is all about trial and error to find what works for you.

Otherwise yes, you can use JUST conditioner and not shampoo. There are some great organic/vegan conditioners out there... those shouldn't have a negative impact on the environment. Beauty without cruelty is a good company to start out with.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    I use apple cider vinegar as a rinse for my hair to help remove buildup. I use it once a month. Love it. I don't consider it as a softening agent. My hair is super duper curly. Think afro.

My shampoos and conditioners come from the health food store: cruetly free, no SLS. Love them.
    Yeah, I don't know enough about ethnic hairs... only white people. Black hair is a whole other ball park... completely different texture and needs. The extent of my knowledge is that there is 'pink' stuff that my brother uses sometimes that just makes my hair greasy but is good for his hair and that olive oil would be good for his hair haha.

I wish my brother would grow an afro... we've been trying to get him to do it forEVER now.
    =]
    Also, do you keep some mixed up in a container or do you mix it up everytime you take a shower?

7. Senior Member
    I haven't used shampoo for YEARS. I just use conditioner because my hair is super curly and neeeeddsss it. Say no to shampoo!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    I personally LOVE acv! My hair is very soft If your hair is really thick, then using a bit more than I do would be a good idea but it is all about trial and error to find what works for you.

Otherwise yes, you can use JUST conditioner and not shampoo. There are some great organic/vegan conditioners out there... those shouldn't have a negative impact on the environment. Beauty without cruelty is a good company to start out with.
    Im almost out of the purple stuff i have. Once that's out ill give it a try. You happen to have a link or know where i could by some animal/earth friendly stuff if the acv doesn't work for me?

On another subject, what about make up? does anyone know any brands that are for sure animal friendly?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kasey shack View Post
    Also, do you keep some mixed up in a container or do you mix it up everytime you take a shower?
    I keep the acv in a spray bottle in the shower (I find it easier to spray rather than pour) but I mix the bs before each shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn026 View Post
    Im almost out of the purple stuff i have. Once that's out ill give it a try. You happen to have a link or know where i could by some animal/earth friendly stuff if the acv doesn't work for me?

On another subject, what about make up? does anyone know any brands that are for sure animal friendly?
    http://www.beautywithoutcruelty.com/...=1&subcat_id=2
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/bro...ry=conditioner

The first link is what I mentioned and the second link takes you to the search results for conditioner on a site that rates beauty products.

The second link should help you with make up too!
  10. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

I wanna put them both on my hair at the same time and watch it go FIZZZZZZZZZZZz like a volcano. Probably not the best idea though.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast