Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: seriously proud of my family!

1. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!

seriously proud of my family!

Advertisements
    so, while i was away up north, my family made some awesome improvements and i am sooo proud of them!

we got a new fridge/freezer that's way more energy efficient than our awful old one, and it also has a water filter in the door. my family used to go through sooo many water bottles. it was killing me and i kpet getting on them for it. (but our tap water here is dreadful, and super chlorinated). anyways now, we all have our own aluminum bottles, and we all drink filtered tap water!! no more garbage!!

also, my stepmom has really ramped up the homesteading and making things herself... she makes a small fresh loaf of bread everyday, and we're no longer buying any store bought baked goods at all.

also finally, they are listening to me and buying ONLY local produce!!!

ahh, i am so happy! my family has been huge on using natural cleaning products, recycling, and being "green" in many ways... but this makes me so really happy.

oh, and we got a vacuum sealer for food so my stepmom can bake and send it to DB. they are so cute, i swear!
  2. Senior Member
    Go Rose's Fam!!I love the filtered water thing. Bottled water is such a waste.

I want to get onto the whole baking bread thing again after the move. I got some excellent Gluten Free bread recipes I want to try. It will definitely be cheaper as a 6 inch loaf of gluten free bread costs me about $7.00.

3. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    oohhh exactly. my stepmom makes gluten-free bread for me too! its awesome, and we buy ingredients in bulk and its def way cheaper!!
  4. Senior Member
    yeah, I'm hoping Rapid City has a natural foods store. We have one or two here in Abilene, but the selection is horrible and the prices way high. Local produce is extremely hard to come by here as well. (Droughts are bad mmkay?)

Sooo hopefully I'll be able to start doing that.

5. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    local harvest is a GREAT way to find farmer's markets in your area - http://www.localharvest.org/

and i know what you mean, a couple of the natural food stores here are super pricey and keep a random stock. the nearest whole foods is like 30 minutes away though, so its a once-in-a-while big stock up kinda thing when we go.
  6. Senior Member
    Wow! That is great that your family is really making an effort to make a difference!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    That is awesome. My family needs a lesson. I started to recycle at my house (baby steps) and my dad took the recycling to the TRASH dump. I was irate. This happened TWICE.
  8. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    thanks yall!

danyell... i would have flipped on my dad! oh man, TWICE?!??! you need to lay the law down

but seriously. tell them whats up! recycle, reduce, reuse, yo.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Man they don't give a fuck. I would dig through the trashcan to grab cans they through away. All for NOTHING!!
  10. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Does your step mom have a bread maker?
    Gearing up for deployment #2