Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Unpaper

  1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #1

    Unpaper

    Advertisements
    This weekend I'm gonna try and get some fabrics. Find my sewing machine in the piles of boxes still unopened and make "unpaper" towels and napkins. We use WAY too much of those items around here and since I'm already washing diapers and clothes, so why not just throw in the "unpaper" as well.

    T got sarcastic and said "why not just make untoilet paper while youre at it."

    I am not THAT adventurous yet



  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #2
    I've always bought towels and wash cloths and cloth napkins ( i love my parents for that) it really does cut down my grocery bill. I do buy paper towels still for somethings, but in general will use only cloth.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  3. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    That is awesome! I plan on getting some cloth napkins soon... I can't wait!

    and as soon as I buy some cloth wipes (can you believe I HAVEN'T yet?!) I'm going to switch to family cloth... but I think only for #1 for now. I only like to clean molly's poo... not ready for mine... OR Andrew's
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I've always bought towels and wash cloths and cloth napkins ( i love my parents for that) it really does cut down my grocery bill. I do buy paper towels still for somethings, but in general will use only cloth.
    I have used the cheapo wallyworld washcloths for cleaning etc but they always disappear or end up as dog chew toys. So I've decided to get some pretty fabrics and have a go at it.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    That is awesome! I plan on getting some cloth napkins soon... I can't wait!

    and as soon as I buy some cloth wipes (can you believe I HAVEN'T yet?!) I'm going to switch to family cloth... but I think only for #1 for now. I only like to clean molly's poo... not ready for mine... OR Andrew's
    Still?! I was nervous bout getting ours for Ashlynn since T is so hard to convert to new things. He friggen LOVES them. He uses them on Sy in the bathtub, his face when he washes, and on Ashlynn. The older kids steal them to wash in the tub too.

    But yeah I'm just not ready to use them on myself. Although maybe if I got a diaper sprayer



  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #5
    I have to say that it was hard to use my pretty cloth napkins the first few times. but I goodwill then I could graduate to buying some at like Pier one ( on clearance of course)


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #6
    I have a couple diapers that I have a hard time putting on her because they are sooo damn cute I don't want her dirtying



  7. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    I have used the cheapo wallyworld washcloths for cleaning etc but they always disappear or end up as dog chew toys. So I've decided to get some pretty fabrics and have a go at it.




    Still?! I was nervous bout getting ours for Ashlynn since T is so hard to convert to new things. He friggen LOVES them. He uses them on Sy in the bathtub, his face when he washes, and on Ashlynn. The older kids steal them to wash in the tub too.

    But yeah I'm just not ready to use them on myself. Although maybe if I got a diaper sprayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    I have a couple diapers that I have a hard time putting on her because they are sooo damn cute I don't want her dirtying
    What kind of wipes do you use??

    Also.. any organic stain should come out in the sun... so next time you wash your diapers... after the washer while they are still wet, put them outside in the sun for a bit... the sun should take the poo stains right out Then you don't have to worry about the pretty ones!

    It should work on food stains too for those napkins
  8. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    my.hero's.mrs's Avatar
    my.hero's.mrs is offline
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas or bust!
    Posts
    12,304
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    I think that is a wondeful thing to do!!

    I have a silly question though... when you ladies clean counters and such, what do you use instead of paper towels usually? I'm worried about the cleaner ruining the towels too quickly or it not being as sanitary ... I know.
  9. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #9
    I have a mixture of some that I got from http://hyenacart.com/bugned/. But now that I have time to do it myself, I'll make them myself.

    I'm always sunning things, well I was till we moved to where the sun likes to hide and play and go seek



  10. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by my.hero's.mrs View Post
    I think that is a wondeful thing to do!!

    I have a silly question though... when you ladies clean counters and such, what do you use instead of paper towels usually? I'm worried about the cleaner ruining the towels too quickly or it not being as sanitary ... I know.
    Right now I just kitchen towels, wipe down the counters after spraying them and then throw them in the laundry. I've had to break down and use the bathroom hand towels and even bath towels when I can't find paper towels.

    I just add a little bleach to all my towels anyways since they are used for so many things from Sy peeing on the floor, to Hawaiian punch being spilt, to the dogs feet being wiped off from the mud, to bathtime.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •