Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gardener updates!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Gardener updates!

Advertisements
    How are all your little babies doing? Everything living? Having troubles with anything? How about pests? Wanna share some pics?
  2. Senior Member
    well not much has change din my garden in a week and with the lack of sunshine i am concerned that i planted at the wrong time. Surprisingly the only pests I have are the birds, I think they are eating the seeds I planted. I might cover those areas with some plastic till I have significant growth.

my tomatos are still green!!! how long does it take for them to turn red? they are very plump and we are very excited to eat them my jalapenos aren't doing much they have been growing for a couple month now and I don't see much of anything that looks like a pepper.

the dwarf lemon and limes trees are going off, we should have some ripe lemons here shortly
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  3. Senior Member
    GROWING!!! Our sugar snap peas are about 2 1/2 feet tall, we have a couple tomatoes on the plants, the honeydew and watermelon are starting to crawl and the cucumbers are branching out as well. My basil seems to have come out of nowhere and I have a same mint plant that is fighting for life.

Getting excited to go out in the mornings to pick off a watermelon or honeydew for breakfast or make stir fry at night with the veggies!!
  4. Senior Member
    My stuff is all alive but its so cold here its not doing well. I'll be surprised if any of it ends up producing anything before it snows again. Oddly enough my cilantro is doing really well. I thought for sure the seeds would never sprout.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by swrlygrl View Post
    well not much has change din my garden in a week and with the lack of sunshine i am concerned that i planted at the wrong time. Surprisingly the only pests I have are the birds, I think they are eating the seeds I planted. I might cover those areas with some plastic till I have significant growth.

my tomatos are still green!!! how long does it take for them to turn red? they are very plump and we are very excited to eat them my jalapenos aren't doing much they have been growing for a couple month now and I don't see much of anything that looks like a pepper.

the dwarf lemon and limes trees are going off, we should have some ripe lemons here shortly
    My tomatoes are all still green too. I have heirloom and cherry tomatoes and they are all very plump and getting biiiiig!

I have heard that covering those little seeds will have a greenhouse effect and be great for the little guys!

I am glad you said that about the jalapenos... I have an entire box of peppers (banana, jalapeno, serrano), but they just keep growing, but no flowers or buds or anything!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    GROWING!!! Our sugar snap peas are about 2 1/2 feet tall, we have a couple tomatoes on the plants, the honeydew and watermelon are starting to crawl and the cucumbers are branching out as well. My basil seems to have come out of nowhere and I have a same mint plant that is fighting for life.

Getting excited to go out in the mornings to pick off a watermelon or honeydew for breakfast or make stir fry at night with the veggies!!
    My basil is OUT of control! I can't keep up with it! But I read that it keeps pests away, so I am thinking of transplanting 1-2 in other boxes.

Awesome about the melons. I personally don't like them, but my hubby does, so that are on for next year! In additions to pumpkins too!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    My stuff is all alive but its so cold here its not doing well. I'll be surprised if any of it ends up producing anything before it snows again. Oddly enough my cilantro is doing really well. I thought for sure the seeds would never sprout.
    My cilantro is out of control too! It's probably 2-3 feet tall! I keep cutting it back and it keeps growing!

Do you have raised boxes or in-ground? I know that WY is totally different climate!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post

awwww that sounds awesome! my melons and cucumbers are just little fledglings. I can't wait to actually see something I can eat on all this stuff. It is my first time growing anything other than herbs
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  9. Senior Member
    My plants are very small. Maybe about 6 inches or so. I have bell peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, snap peas, sweet peppers, and something else, I can't think right now. I am going to get a kiddie pool today because I need to transfer them all from their little pots. I also have to get more organic soil. They are all organic plants that I have started from seeds. No actual vegetables yet, but both of the pepper plants are flowering

10. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Aww I want to see pictures! I love gardens. Mom and dad won't let me grow anything in their backyard and I have to see what sort of balcony set up I'll have in Italy. Hopefully I can have an herb garden in those little balcony planters and I can share my progress with you all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast