Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does your garden grow?

1. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.

Neener How does your garden grow?

Advertisements
    This is an S/O of this thread http://militarysos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284718

What do you plan to grow this year?

Since its my first time, I'm trying to just stick to the basics. We're doing onions, carrots, spinach, lettuce, hot peppers, and okra.

We might do watermelons and corn too, but I'm unsure as to if we have enough room for corn and if we'll actually eat that many watermelons
    omnomnommynom
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yay! We'll be growing too... trying to do an organic garden, and we are starting small as well. We have been composting as well in the hopes of getting some nutrient-rich soil to start things off with.

I'm not sure what we are doing yet, but I do know that there will be tomatoes, jalapenos/peppers, onions, strawberries and a few pumpkins for Halloween. I want to do about twice that much, but I'm trying to find what will work best for our soil and climate.

We are also planting some fruit trees too! Oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruits, along with a pomegranite tree too!

I am so so so excited!

I'm currently reading Organic Gardening for dummies.

When are you starting yours?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yay! We'll be growing too... trying to do an organic garden, and we are starting small as well. We have been composting as well in the hopes of getting some nutrient-rich soil to start things off with.

I'm not sure what we are doing yet, but I do know that there will be tomatoes, jalapenos/peppers, onions, strawberries and a few pumpkins for Halloween. I want to do about twice that much, but I'm trying to find what will work best for our soil and climate.

We are also planting some fruit trees too! Oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruits, along with a pomegranite tree too!

I am so so so excited!

I'm currently reading Organic Gardening for dummies.

When are you starting yours?
  4. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

We're planting too. Doing carrots, spinach, corn, tomatos,bell peppers,raspberries, squash, and other stuff, but I don't have the seeds in front of me. We are trying to go organic, we will se how that goes. I've started my tomatos and peppers inside, and they are just starting to sprout. I'm excited!
  5. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I keep planning on donig a garden, but i truthfully dont even know where to begin! AHH
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    I love gardening! I mostly stick to flowers. My husband does the veggies.

The spot where there used to be a garden is huge.. Like, 30 x 40 feet!!! Omgosh. HUGE!

But we'll probably stick to something around 6x12.

Along w/ all the stuff you're growing, I really want to plant garlic, lettuce, and spinach. I love a fresh salad! And fresh cucumbers!!!

I can't wait til spring!!!!

BTW. Better Homes and Gardens has some great plans and layouts for any gardens! my favorite site! www.bhg.com
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrjennigrrr View Post
    I keep planning on donig a garden, but i truthfully dont even know where to begin! AHH

You begin by digging up the dirt! LOL!

BTW. We've been looking into starting a raised garden. You build boxes however big you want them, then you put dirt in them and plant. This way you don't have to deal w/ as many weeds as you do when you start w/ a regular spot.
  8. ProudArmyWifeD
    I do only flowers b/c the lead content in our soil is said to be high, so we wouldn't eat anything grown in it.

I am proud of my two rose bushes, and I hope they survive this winter, and I had a gorgeous row of sunflowers taller than me along my fence, which I hope come back and I will add to, and a bunch of other colorful plants.

We're lucky in that we have a great yard with large areas of planting beds, while most of our neighbors just got grass.

Oh, and I planted a sour cherry tree right by our front gate which did really well and I am hoping it bears fruit again this year!
  9. Senior Member
    http://www.plantsense.com/learn/overview.html

Alex was going to get that for his mom but forgot.
  10. Senior Member
    I am going to do a kiddie pool garden this year. Just need to figure out which soil I want to get. I want to grow cucumbers, carrots, and some fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    http://www.plantsense.com/learn/overview.html

Alex was going to get that for his mom but forgot.
    That has to be a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast