Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green tips for the day 1/9

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Green tips for the day 1/9

Advertisements
    1. Keep your fridge full! Food retains cold better than air does.

2. Swap out your regular light switches for dimmer switches. Not only can you set an instant room ambience, you can save energy and money too.

3. Clean or replace your furnace filter monthly! This will keep your home free from dirt/dust and allergens and also give you cleaner, fresher air while allowing your furnace to run efficiently.

4. Buy a reusable coffee filter instead of the paper ones.

5. Always cover your pots when cooking (well when appropriate: boiling, steaming, etc.), it will speed up cooking and use less energy.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I always heard that the dimmer switches are more than normal cause i thought that each time you hit it it was like turning on and off switches.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    5. Always cover your pots when cooking (well when appropriate: boiling, steaming, etc.), it will speed up cooking and use less energy.
    I read that as "Always cover your pot when smoking"
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    I read that as "Always cover your pot when smoking"
    Former stoner!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    I always heard that the dimmer switches are more than normal cause i thought that each time you hit it it was like turning on and off switches.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean. You would turn it on, just like a normal light, and then dim it down, which turns down how much energy it allows to be sent to the bulb. Or you can set it so that when you turn it on, that it turns on to the dimmed setting every time. That's how the ones we have work and the ones we were looking at for the other bedrooms too.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    Former stoner!

Takes one to know one.
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Great tips. I don't know that I would have ever thought about the covering the pots while I cook thing. And now I feel much better about how full my fridge is. I always thought that the more was in it, the harder the fridge had to work to keep it all cold. I love that I was wrong.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post

Takes one to know one.

So THAT'S why you been checking out the "green" forum huh? It's "green" as in living naturally and being good to Mother Earth, not "green" as in herb, ganja, mary jane, Lindsay! You should be ashamed of yourself!

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Great tips. I don't know that I would have ever thought about the covering the pots while I cook thing. And now I feel much better about how full my fridge is. I always thought that the more was in it, the harder the fridge had to work to keep it all cold. I love that I was wrong.
    Me too! That's what my mom has been telling me for years! But I pointed it out in a book to her and that was awesome. It just says not to overfill it and leave air to circulate.
  10. Senior Member
    Edited to remove Spam

i couldn't agree more

ok i translated it on bablefish and it's all about tennis regulations WTF???? here is part of it

"The international net unites with the national physical culture commission promulgation "Tennis competition Rule" stipulated that a piece of standard tennis location's area is not smaller than 36.58 meters (long) 18.29 the rice (wide), this size is also in every direction a piece of standard tennis location in the scoop net or the indoor construction the wall ..."
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 05-20-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: i translated it
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast