Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Final goodbye

1. Regular Member

The Final goodbye

Advertisements
    So my DB and I have been together for 6 years now. He's only been in the marines for the past two years, and he is home now on his block leave after his first ever deployment to Afghanistan. We had a wonderful homecoming, and a wonderful week and a half, but I do believe as of this time next week we won't be a couple any more. He's been talking endlessly about MSG (marine service guard) which means he'll be gone for three years straight, travelling from embassy to embassy. I told him that I had absolutely no problem waiting for him, that I love him with all my heart, I only feel at home in his arms...ect. The problem is that he says he doesn't want to marry me; he never really has wanted to. I'm not the one. He wants me to be happy, that I'm so giving and wonderful and deserve the world. He said that he'd rather have this conversation now then three years from now. I know he's right and I deserve someone who wants to marry me eventually, but it still hurts. A lot. Six years with him, I was with him longer then I was with my ex fiancée. I'm just scared to start this new adventure on my own. I just always assumed he'd be there with me. Over the past six years me and the DB have faced so many obstacles and overcame them, so I just assumed we'd always be together. He didn't do anything to make me want to hate him. I just feel so sad. So sad.

Ugh.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm really sorry you're dealing with this but it is better that he's being up front and honest with you now instead of stringing you along. I hope you're able to make an amicable split and both recover well from the breakup.

3. Regular Member
    I know it's better this way, and I'm glad I don't have to go through three years of being the girlfriend of a man overseas. It would be much easier if he did something awful and I could be mad at him. lol
  4. Senior Member
    I was shocked to read your post, but relieved for you that you found this out now and not later. Sometimes being honest and mature about feelings can be really difficult. Embrace your new journey but give yourself some time to heal.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobietrap1337 View Post
    So my DB and I have been together for 6 years now. He's only been in the marines for the past two years, and he is home now on his block leave after his first ever deployment to Afghanistan. We had a wonderful homecoming, and a wonderful week and a half, but I do believe as of this time next week we won't be a couple any more. He's been talking endlessly about MSG (marine service guard) which means he'll be gone for three years straight, travelling from embassy to embassy. I told him that I had absolutely no problem waiting for him, that I love him with all my heart, I only feel at home in his arms...ect. The problem is that he says he doesn't want to marry me; he never really has wanted to. I'm not the one. He wants me to be happy, that I'm so giving and wonderful and deserve the world. He said that he'd rather have this conversation now then three years from now. I know he's right and I deserve someone who wants to marry me eventually, but it still hurts. A lot. Six years with him, I was with him longer then I was with my ex fiancée. I'm just scared to start this new adventure on my own. I just always assumed he'd be there with me. Over the past six years me and the DB have faced so many obstacles and overcame them, so I just assumed we'd always be together. He didn't do anything to make me want to hate him. I just feel so sad. So sad.

Ugh.
    I'm so sorry you're hurting.

7. Senior Member
    I'm sorry.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm so sorry . I hope you can heal and move on to find someone who deserves you
  9. Senior Member
    I'm so sorry.
  10. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm so sorry, hon.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast