Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate being single!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I hate being single!

Advertisements
    I don't mind being alone, I actually love alone time and having the bed to myself at night. The hardest part about being single for me is not having someone to talk to about things in my life. Specifically work things, being able to get done with a hard day of work and just venting to an SO about it all was seriously so therapeutic for me. My job is stressful and burn out comes easy. These are not things I can talk to friends about either, honestly, its nothing terribly interesting so I don't expect friends to want to listen to me vent. But, how do I learn to accept that I have no one to talk to about certain things. I guess I feel kind of pathetic sometimes for craving this so bad, but I do. Anyone have any kind of advice for just being content with not being able to vent sometimes or? Help me be a better single!
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I know where you're coming from because I'm not single but I can't imagine not having DH to come home too and vent to about my day. I think you're under estimating your friends, if they are really your friends they should be there for you to vent to occasionally

Other options, maybe a blog?

3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Totally in the same boat. I went from at least corresponding (whether IM, email, or skype) with my xDB just about every single day to 0 contact at all since the breakup (minus that random email he sent me). My close friends and family have been hugely supportive of me through this process and sometimes I will just call someone to vent. But I know it's not the same as what you're used to - same with me. Sorry I don't really have much advice, but know that you're not alone!!
    ~Becca~

4. Senior Member

You can vent to me if you ever need to. I'm a very good listener.

5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Here for you if you ever want to vent/talk/scream/cry/whatever!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    I know where you're coming from because I'm not single but I can't imagine not having DH to come home too and vent to about my day. I think you're under estimating your friends, if they are really your friends they should be there for you to vent to occasionally

Other options, maybe a blog?
    Thank you, yea my friends are open to listening to me. I just always think to myself "this is probably boring for them, I don't want to make them listen to me" I just think I think too much! haha And I've always had a guy around to listen, so I've never needed them for that. But, I do need to just start opening up more with them, otherwise my mind will explode, I fear

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Totally in the same boat. I went from at least corresponding (whether IM, email, or skype) with my xDB just about every single day to 0 contact at all since the breakup (minus that random email he sent me). My close friends and family have been hugely supportive of me through this process and sometimes I will just call someone to vent. But I know it's not the same as what you're used to - same with me. Sorry I don't really have much advice, but know that you're not alone!!
    to you too. I hate feeling like I need someone, but I don't think its possible to keep everything bottled up. I need to be more open with my friends I guess because they are supportive too.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

You can vent to me if you ever need to. I'm a very good listener.
    Thanks girl! I saw you were back home on FB, but when you're back in this area we should tots get together!

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post

Here for you if you ever want to vent/talk/scream/cry/whatever!
    Thank you SO much!!
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I hear ya! here for you whenever!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Venting/talking about work and life is what you have MSOS for! But seriously, I get it, it's so hard to go from always having someone to talk to, to not. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't know how long you've been single for, but for me it was just something I got used to. For the first couple weeks I struggled with it, but after a bit, I just got used to keeping things to myself. If there was something serious bothering me, then I'd vent to my best friends. Otherwise, I just ignored it.

I Eelizah
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
    I hear ya! here for you whenever!
    Thanks <3

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Venting/talking about work and life is what you have MSOS for! But seriously, I get it, it's so hard to go from always having someone to talk to, to not. Hang in there
    Thank you! Watch out MSOS, I'm single and probably have way too much to talk about hahaa!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast