Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I don't know how to move on....

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused I don't know how to move on....

Advertisements
    So my boyfriend (ex) dumped me the day after my birthday, which was Sunday. It was completely unexpected and I honestly don't know how to deal with this. I asked him for his reasoning and he said it was because I contacted his mom. I had never talked to his mom before, but I sent her a message on fb just asking about how Jerius and them communicated because he's in Germany now, that was all I said. He told me in the past that he told his family about me. Well I'm starting to think that he lied to me because he got so defensive and started lashing and cussing me out. Then he was like "you're are moving too fast" and I was like uhhh excuse me you are the one who said you wanted to marry me and fly me out to Germany to visit sometime next year and I'm getting blamed for this He said so many hurtful things too me, to make me feel bad and look down upon myself and it worked. I honestly don't know how to move on because I loved him so much and he was my life. This just sucks especially because it's around Christmas.
  2. Senior Member
    It sounds like you're better off tbh. But I am sorry you're hurting.
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Love doesnt scream at you and curse at you. Love introduced you to his family. He doesnt love you, and I wouldnt want to be with someone who acts like that towards anyone, let alone someone whom he was dating. You are FAR better without him. Remember, you are worth more than being cursed at.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry you're hurting. But, he sounds like he's not ready for a committed relationship. He had no reason to lash out on you the way he did. Let yourself mourn and move on. Sounds like you can do a hell of a lot better.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Love doesnt scream at you and curse at you. Love introduced you to his family. He doesnt love you, and I wouldnt want to be with someone who acts like that towards anyone, let alone someone whom he was dating. You are FAR better without him. Remember, you are worth more than being cursed at.
    I agree with that... You are definitely worth more than being cursed at!! And his reasoning is just that you contacted his mom?! That's a little odd. But I'm so sorry that this all happened so close to your birthday and the holidays!! Did he just get to Germany?! Maybe he just got a little overwhelmed?... Thinking of you
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Yeah he's been in Germany for 10 days roughly. Thanks everyone!
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michshell View Post
    I agree with that... You are definitely worth more than being cursed at!! And his reasoning is just that you contacted his mom?! That's a little odd. But I'm so sorry that this all happened so close to your birthday and the holidays!! Did he just get to Germany?! Maybe he just got a little overwhelmed?... Thinking of you
    OP, being in Germany is no excuse for cussing out your girlfriend. Don't let that make his douchebag outburst okay.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You move on by asking yourself whether thats the type of bebavior you wanted tobe married to.
    some people also find a rebound fling helps.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're hurting, he sounds like an ass and it's awful to do this right before Christmas. You should never make your life revolve around someone else, because what do you have when they're gone? Don't let your happiness/life depend on someone else. Just try to remember these last few words you had with him were his true self, he's not the nice guy you thought he was.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks everyone. You all are absolutely right, and I needed a reality check to realize that he wasn't who I thought he was. And if he cared about me or loved me for that matter he would of forgiven me and just put this aside.