Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this come with a cool shirt?

1. Regular Member

Does this come with a cool shirt?

Advertisements
    So James and I are done. For good this time. After a few explosive arguments, I realized the reason we'd never worked in the past is that we're different in ways that just can't be ignored. He wanted the freedom to sleep around and get involved with women that would act... rudely towards him. I was tempted to use a certain swear word to describe the type he's now attracted to but figured I'd rather not. (Rhymes with 'stitch'). That's just not me. I rarely raise my voice above a conversational tone, rarely cuss and well there are a lot of things I don't do. Most of which involve a leather catsuit and stiletto boots but that's a story for another time. What am I supposed to do with a man that can't even be honest about his sexual preferences? One of the biggest differences though? He didn't want kids. A miscarriage when I was 17 along with multiple surgeries I'd had as a child caused severe scarring in my uterus. That scarring along with the condition that resulted in the surgeries make it nearly impossible for me to carry a child without risking death. That's if I even managed to carry to term. I plan on adopting from the foster care system and he wasn't even okay with that. And having children is something I refuse to compromise on. I can't say I'm sad about it ending with him because I'm not. I guess I'm just lost about how to proceed from here. I gave up a chance with a great guy last year to give James a last chance and I feel like an idiot for that.

For those of you that were following the story about my relationship with the ex an advised against it? You were right. An ex is meant to stay that way. Feel free to say 'I told you so'.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPond View Post
    So James and I are done. For good this time. After a few explosive arguments, I realized the reason we'd never worked in the past is that we're different in ways that just can't be ignored. He wanted the freedom to sleep around and get involved with women that would act... rudely towards him. I was tempted to use a certain swear word to describe the type he's now attracted to but figured I'd rather not. (Rhymes with 'stitch'). That's just not me. I rarely raise my voice above a conversational tone, rarely cuss and well there are a lot of things I don't do. Most of which involve a leather catsuit and stiletto boots but that's a story for another time. What am I supposed to do with a man that can't even be honest about his sexual preferences? One of the biggest differences though? He didn't want kids. A miscarriage when I was 17 along with multiple surgeries I'd had as a child caused severe scarring in my uterus. That scarring along with the condition that resulted in the surgeries make it nearly impossible for me to carry a child without risking death. That's if I even managed to carry to term. I plan on adopting from the foster care system and he wasn't even okay with that. And having children is something I refuse to compromise on. I can't say I'm sad about it ending with him because I'm not. I guess I'm just lost about how to proceed from here. I gave up a chance with a great guy last year to give James a last chance and I feel like an idiot for that.

For those of you that were following the story about my relationship with the ex an advised against it? You were right. An ex is meant to stay that way. Feel free to say 'I told you so'.
    Wow. I'm sorry you're hurting!
  3. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that!
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    sorry to hear you're going through this.
  5. Senior Member
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Things happen for a reason.
  6. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now, hon.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissred View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Things happen for a reason.
    I'm trying not to be. I know they do, I just feel like a fool for going back so many times. I don't even know why I did. I knew from past experience that he was poison but I couldn't help it. He was like an addiction I couldn't quit. There was no sense or reason to why I'd return. Just that I did.
  9. Senior Member
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPond View Post

Sorry it took so long for you to get out of this, but I am glad you did, and hopefully, you can find the right guy and be happy.
    But, not sure whether this is a typo or I am mis-understanding it.
    You said one of the big differences is that he does not want kids, and you can't have kids?

Even without any of the other stuff, the wanting/not wanting children is a huge issue.

But the leather catsuit and boots? Who did he want to wear them, him or you? And that is such the kind of story (with photos) that pillow talk was made for!!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast