Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Would you remove photos of an ex?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd remove any photos with an ex

11 26.83%
  • Delete couple-ish photos

16 39.02%
  • I'd keep everything public-it's rude to delete

1 2.44%
  • I don't post photos with my SO.

5 12.20%
  • Other

8 19.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you "clean house" on Facebook after a breakup?

1. Senior Member

Do you "clean house" on Facebook after a breakup?

Advertisements
    Would you remove photos with an ex on Facebook after a breakup? Ex-DF and I were together for nearly 6 years and many of my friends are photographers so we always had a lot of photos together on Facebook. We broke up mostly amicably but I have someone new in my life so I've made private a lot of the ones where we're obviously a couple. I'm just curious what other people might find appropriate; no right or wrong here!
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mostly cause I'm lazy and don't put much effort into Facebook. I would leave them. Everyone has a past. Got you to where you are.

3. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    I put other, because I have deleted photos of all of my past relationships, except the last two that I have been in. I don't really care that they are on there anymore.
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    no. i always think it's really weird when people break up and every evidence of them ever being a couple disappears. i mean... it happened. it's not a secret. unless something HORRIFIC happened and you really want to banish all memory of that person from your life, it seems petty to me.
  5. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I did. I also removed wedding photos from a friends wedding that is now divorced because she asked me too.
  6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I would.
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I delete the ones that make it blatantly obvious we were dating but that's it really. One of my exes pictures with me and him popped up in my TimeHop this morning but if you didn't know we were together it just looks like we're friends having fun.. I think there are still pictures of DD bio dad on my FB somewhere too, I just don't have the patience to go digging and delete them!

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I delete the ones that make it blatantly obvious we were dating but that's it really. One of my exes pictures with me and him popped up in my TimeHop this morning but if you didn't know we were together it just looks like we're friends having fun.. I think there are still pictures of DD bio dad on my FB somewhere too, I just don't have the patience to go digging and delete them!
    This is where I'm at with it It came up because a friend was clearly digging in my albums a little bit and said something like "You guys are so cute together!" and it was like...erm..thanks but we're only cute friends now
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think it depends on the relationship. The only one I really cared about deleting was my exH just because it's painful to think about and I don't want the photos there. It's not about trying to make it a secret or anything, I mean the people who knew about it still know about it. It just hurts to see reminders of that time of my life and think of all the awful things I went through.

I haven't talked to him in years so I don't know if he cares at all or think it's rude or petty but I honestly don't care. It's my FB and if I don't want that shit on there it's coming off. I have no obligation to other people to keep their photos on MY personal FB. But on the same token, I only took that stuff off because it bothered *me.* If someone else tried to make me delete it or had an issue with it, then that would be their problem not mine. I wouldn't purge FB just because of a new SO's insecurities.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think I untagged myself from some "overly coupley" pictures. Idk. It doesn't really bother me. We dated, it happened, we're both happy now. Whatevs.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast