Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is All New to Me - I Don't Know What to Do

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    That's crappy to even string you on like that if he doesn't have true feelings for you. It's not deployment mode because he's not even deploying but Maybe his shift really is getting to him or maybe he has other things going on.
    I only know 2 guys who had to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 4-6 weeks..... No days off period..... but that's because they got in BIG trouble. So it definitely is possible he has crazy hours.
    Maybe there is more going on then he's letting you know.
  2. Almost done with college! !
    Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    I'm not even in the military or dating an active member, but 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for months is physically impossible and pretty much asking for someone to get in serious trouble if it did happen.

BTW own your words. Deleting just shows you in a bad light.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by she_lurks View Post
    Can't the mods adjust that so no one can delete posts? It's been awhile since I've moderated a vBulletin but I thought that was an option.
    Not sure if this is how it works, but it used to be the only way to do that is to take editing away completely or take editing away after such a period of time (ie 1 hour or 4 hours etc).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSoap View Post
    That's crappy to even string you on like that if he doesn't have true feelings for you. It's not deployment mode because he's not even deploying but Maybe his shift really is getting to him or maybe he has other things going on.
    I only know 2 guys who had to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 4-6 weeks..... No days off period..... but that's because they got in BIG trouble. So it definitely is possible he has crazy hours.
    Maybe there is more going on then he's letting you know.
    I knew a whole sqd that worked 12 hour shifts for several months because the commander wanted to make a point.
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Not sure if this is how it works, but it used to be the only way to do that is to take editing away completely or take editing away after such a period of time (ie 1 hour or 4 hours etc).
    That's my understanding of how it works too but I'm not a vb expert.

Honestly I know deleted posts are annoying but I don't think it's a big enough deal that it merits taking away everyone's editing capabilities entirely. (Not saying you wanted us to do that)
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    damn.. now I wish I would have QFP her responses.. someone got her OP.. but not her responses. darn it.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12