Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well...

1. Senior Member

Well...

Advertisements
    Things went sour between exdb and I. We have been together a year and a half, and things just weren't good anymore. A few weeks ago, I decided to end it. We began arguing, a lot... over the pettiest stuff. He wasn't willing to compromise - ever and I totally just felt on the back burner with him. He's divorced (as am I), but continually made me pay for his ex-wives mistakes, and I always bit my tongue and let things go. He was very controlling, too, and tried to dictate how I spend my money and what I am allowed to buy, shall we ever marry. In one argument, he even made me cry, and literally started laughing at me. The bad times far outweighed the good, and I caught myself unhappy/stressed far more than i was happy.

Ending it was tough. Not only for us, but because he was also really close with Matty. Prior to us splitting a few weeks ago, after some arguments I had called it quits. He would always come back, however. This time I made it clear that my feelings were no longer the same, and I look forward to moving on.

I am done, and very happy about it.

On that note... I reconnected with an old friend this week, and although we aren't jumping into anything at all, We have decided to go out on a few dates. He was a best friend of mine for years, so it'll be nice to catch up.
  2. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I'm so sorry to hear that it went south, but I am very proud of you and happy to see that you have a sense of relief and closure.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm really surprised to hear this, you guys seemed so good together. I'm sorry.

I know it's your life and I'm definitely not judging or anything, but be careful dating so soon. That's how I ended up married.
  4. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

That sucks It's never fun breaking things off. Don't beat yourself up over it, his issues over his ex wife are his issues, not yours.

What does Matty think of the new guy?
    Last edited by BraveLilToaster; 09-09-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelled Matty wrong
  5. Senior Member
    I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I hope you feel proud of yourself for recognizing when something wasn't working, and having the strength to walk away.

Do be careful about dating. If this new guy has been in your life for that long, he'll be there in 6 months, too, after you've had time to process and grieve and heal and learn the lessons that are to be learned. Being single for a while between relationships is much healthier, IMO.

Regardless, good luck!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Thank you guys. It hasn't felt right for sometime now, and the arguing got to an extreme point. Heaven forbid I ever had an opinion that was considered wrong to him.

I definitely do not plan on getting back into a relationship any time soon -- have to reiterate. Matt (my old friend) lives 75 miles north of me, and I am not interested in the distance thing anymore. He has a great job as a college professor, and I don't see him leaving it. We are building our friendship back up, and deciding from there. Our first 'date' is this saturday... with all of my best friends.

Matty does not know him and will not know him if and until we are on solid ground and either have a great friendship, or a great relationship. I'm giving that 6-12 months before they meet, especially since Matty attaches himself to males easily.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh♥Merlot View Post
    Thank you guys. It hasn't felt right for sometime now, and the arguing got to an extreme point. Heaven forbid I ever had an opinion that was considered wrong to him.

I definitely do not plan on getting back into a relationship any time soon -- have to reiterate. Matt (my old friend) lives 75 miles north of me, and I am not interested in the distance thing anymore. He has a great job as a college professor, and I don't see him leaving it. We are building our friendship back up, and deciding from there. Our first 'date' is this saturday... with all of my best friends.

Matty does not know him and will not know him if and until we are on solid ground and either have a great friendship, or a great relationship. I'm giving that 6-12 months before they meet, especially since Matty attaches himself to males easily.
    I hope it works out for you
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm sorry things didn't work out, but you were right in ending it since it wasn't working out.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Good for you for getting out of a situation that wasn't right for you.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

:I'm sorry things didn't work out between you and ex-DB, but I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the decision. I'm sure you feel as if a weight has been lifted!

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast