Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess I Belong Here

1. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII

Guess I Belong Here

Advertisements
    Oh god where do I even start?

I guess the reasons for the divorce. There are many reasons. I guess the big ones are that DH is completely convinced that we will never be happy together. Also that he doesn't love me anymore.
    DH has problems with anxiety, depression, drugs, and alcohol. Which I'm sure are another factor in this divorce.
    Not to say that I am completely faultless in this divorce. I know I was no good when it came to our fights, I wasn't the best at addressing problems and needs in the relationship. I knew we didn't have the perfect marriage but I never thought things would get to this point.

It's funny that before we got married we both agreed that the only reason we would ever get divorced was because someone cheated. Guess those were just words.

Anyway, after everything went down I flew back home to Hawaii for a month back in April. Had to get away from here to figure things out and I didn't want to spend my birthday alone since at the time I had no one but him here.

Came to realize I wasn't gonna try and fight for a relationship he didn't want to be in. Why waste my time? He was willing to fight for it for about a day and then turned around and changed his mind the next day.

Suffered a few panic attacks as a result since I was basically blind sided by everything and having to get so much figured out in such a short amount of time.

Move on to today and we'll be getting our divorce decree in less than a month. We didn't have much of anything together so there wasn't anything to fight over. I'm currently living with my SIL and nephew in our apartment while he lives out at his parents' house.

I've gotten my Associate's and should be hearing about a job at Ulta I interviewed for on Monday tomorrow. Really hope I get it.

Gotta find a new place to live soon as well. Since three people in a studio apartment isn't going so well.

I'm still on good terms with his family. Him? Not so much. We were suppose to be trying to have a civil relationship but it hasn't been going so well. Which is understandable things are still kind of fresh. I can't say I still love him just because the way he has treated me through all this and he turned out to be a completely different person than the one I loved and married. I still care though.

So I'm gonna be divorced at 22. Getting everything figured out and moving forward with my life.

Sorry if this was all over the place.
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

As much as it sucks right now... better at 22 than 52, ya know? I got divorced fairly young as well, and as much as it sucks it also brought around some great opportunities for me to grow as an individual. I hope the same is true for you.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post

As much as it sucks right now... better at 22 than 52, ya know? I got divorced fairly young as well, and as much as it sucks it also brought around some great opportunities for me to grow as an individual. I hope the same is true for you.
    I guess so and I hope you are right.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am going through a divorce too, but I was the one that ended it. But's it's so much better that it's ending now, then it ending 10 years from now. At least you know now, and aren't wasting anymore time on him.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I'm so sorry!
  8. Senior Member
  9. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Thanks for the hugs ladies and the words of support. They mean a lot
  10. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm so sorry, hon!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast