Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that's done

1. Senior Member

Well that's done

Advertisements
    So as some of you may have noticed, DB is in Japan and Iím transitioning from IL to NC. Over the past 6 weeks or so heís gotten exceedingly more distant, going so far as not talking for days for the first time in our relationship. (I get that he might not be able to communicate that much but it was a SUDDEN drop off). When I found out I got the job in NC, about 2 weeks ago, he pretty much picked a fight, that ended when he went OFF on me (cussing, yelling, etc), disappeared for a few days, then never really apologized for how he acted. Today he was talking about something he wants to do in his career and I asked, ďOh I thought you had to be RANK X for a year before you could put in a packet for that?Ē I said it nicely, just curious. He went off again, same thing- yelling, cussing, this time telling me I didnít know shit and how dare I question anything he said about the Marine Corps. I let him just continue until he stopped for a breath and asked ďAre you ready to apologize for questioning me?Ē I had to hang up because I did not want to get stuck in a "who can yell loudest" contest. I sent him a text (yes I know immature but sorry Iím not going to be screamed at) saying it may be best if we take a break and when he can carry on a conversation in a calm, adult way maybe we can speak again. Of course I then got a string of messages telling me how immature I was, and blah blah blah. Honestly, I did care for the man but we have only been together 6 months (4 of those heís been gone), and quite frankly I donít care how much stress youíre under no one should freak out that way, esp not toward someone they supposedly care about. So...that's pretty much done.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    WOWWWW no I would not be hanging around with a guy who would just go off like that. You don't need that.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. Banned
    Banned
    you guys have only been together for a short time, and should be in the "honeymoon" stage. If he already flies off the handle like that, it's not good. I'd cut my losses too. Noone deserves to be treated that way.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm glad you understand that his behavior is not acceptable, I also don't feel that sending him a text saying that you want a break was immature in the least. I would of done the same if I had someone yelling at me like a maniac. You're so much better off without him.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marvies View Post
    I'm glad you understand that his behavior is not acceptable, I also don't feel that sending him a text saying that you want a break was immature in the least. I would of done the same if I had someone yelling at me like a maniac. You're so much better off without him.
    Agreed. I wouldn't feel bad about the text either, it's not like you have the choice to do it in person. What would be the point of calling him back? Good for you.
  6. Senior Member
    Sounds like you made the right decision. You deserve much better
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

You deserve WAY better and it sounds like you made a really good decision break ups still suck though but you did the right thing for sure!

8. Regular Member
    Good for you for realizing you DO NOT need that type of attitude/behavior towards you.
    You deserve better, you know that

I'm sure he'll come back whining and apologizing very soon!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    you guys have only been together for a short time, and should be in the "honeymoon" stage. If he already flies off the handle like that, it's not good. I'd cut my losses too. Noone deserves to be treated that way.
    Agreed!

You deserve much better than that, I'm glad you're able to see that!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post

Ouch girl, so sorry to hear that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast