Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Couldn't Do It Anymore...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Just Couldn't Do It Anymore...

Advertisements
    Well DB (exDB I guess) and I broke up yesterday. It was a lot of little things combined that finally led us to this point. The main things were the uncertainty of how and when we would be able to end the distance. But more importantly there were things I felt that I needed from the relationship that I was not getting and I finally accepted that I probably would never get them from him. We have had too many of the same discussions over the past 2 years and things just haven't changed. He even said when we were talking that he doesn't think he can give me what I need I really tried to ignore the things I felt I needed but they kept coming up time and time again. And I felt like sometimes I was fighting for things to get better on my own. It got to a point over the past couple weeks (months really if I'm being honest) where things were always stressed between us and I found myself getting resentful towards him (which I really didn't ever want to happen).

Anyway, we're here now. I know its the right thing but it still sucks. I feel even worse and a little selfish knowing that I hurt him because he was okay staying with things the way they were. Love definitely does not conquer all. At least we can say we tried I guess

But I still think I'll stick around here even though I'm no longer a MilSO because I kinda like it
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We are all here for you. And please do stick around! There's definitely no requirement to be a milSO here.

And please don't feel selfish. Just like you deserve someone who can give you the things you need, he deserves someone that he can make happy too. It's not like you were in the wrong and he was in the right. Just because things don't work out doesn't mean that there's one party with all the blame.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry. Yes, please stay. You are not selfish. You have needs. There is not a thing wrong with that. You deserve to be happy and if that wasn't happening then it was time to move on.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Please stay!
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

So, so sorry
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thank you ladies.

When I woke up this morning and the most prominent feeling I felt was one of calm and as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I knew I had made the right decision. Doesn't make it any less hurtful but its good to not regret the decision.
  7. Senior Member
    I'm sorry. I know it's not an easy choice to make, but you deserve to be happy and fulfilled in your relationship. Glad you're sticking around!
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

9. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel