Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Summary Dissolution

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

Summary Dissolution

Advertisements
    My husband and I are getting a divorce, planning on filing tomorrow morning. He said that I'll have to pay the fees because I want this and he doesn't. Which, I guess that's fair. But then I looked up how much it'll potentially be (could end up being more) and it'll be $435. I have a chunk in savings but don't have a job. Kind of sucks.

Not sure if I'm posting this for advice or more of a vent/pity party. I don't know what I'm entitled to during the 6 months between filing and the divorce to be finalized. He said he'll let me continue to use his credit card (within reasonable use). I don't really want anything from him other than everything I came into the marriage with (hence going the summary dissolution route).
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm sorry that it's come to this for the two of you. Good luck with making the best decisions for yourself. The next few months have the potential to be difficult. Keep you head up and be true to yourself.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Go to your county clerks office. They usually have a form to request a waiver of fees. They also have more information and people who can advise you. Also look on your county and states website for forms and information packets.
    As for what your "entitled" to depends on your state, how long you have been married, etc.
    If he is active duty military, talk to the legal department on base as well.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Go to your county clerks office. They usually have a form to request a waiver of fees. They also have more information and people who can advise you. Also look on your county and states website for forms and information packets.
    As for what your "entitled" to depends on your state, how long you have been married, etc.
    If he is active duty military, talk to the legal department on base as well.

Anything that the two of you agree to above/beyond/outside of legal entitlements (ie the credit card thing) you would do best to have put in writing no matter how amicable things might seem in the moment.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post

Anything that the two of you agree to above/beyond/outside of legal entitlements (ie the credit card thing) you would do best to have put in writing no matter how amicable things might seem in the moment.
    Also remember that until the divorce is final, you may be liable for any debt he racks up, but this also depends on state.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Also remember that until the divorce is final, you may be liable for any debt he racks up, but this also depends on state.
    Or that you may put on the credit card.

Not sure about CA, but you could look into getting the waiting period waived. In IA you can for "emergency" but I've had it waived for simple reason as needing to get a name off of a mortgage.

ETA:
  7. Banned
    Banned
    No advice but just wanted to offer some
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries