Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 2.5 years

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Hello 2.5 years

Advertisements
    It is now two and a half years since my ex decided he didn't want to be with me anymore and literally ran away from the situation instead if fronting it like a man, but I'm glad to say that even though i had a really really hard time trying to get over him ( i even waited for him to change his mind for 8 months) I am once again happy. I am still single but I am happy with myself i am very involved in my college and working really hard to get my degree and become a teacher, and then i look at him, he is still the same loser he was when we broke up. He is still in the military but he is now a bigger jerk then he ever was. Apparently he still has the mentality he did in high school, which is when we first met, so as of now I am happy i have moved on and he is no longer a feeling in the bottom of my heart.

Are any of you ladies at this point and feel the same way i do?
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm very glad you're happy now and that he's not in the back of your mind!

It's awful how pervasive exes can be. I am totally over my exH, have been for years, but sometimes I still have awful dreams about him. Like I go out somewhere and randomly see him and he causes a scene just to humiliate me. Gah I hate dreams like that! I wonder if they'll ever go away ...
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I'm very glad you're happy now and that he's not in the back of your mind!

It's awful how pervasive exes can be. I am totally over my exH, have been for years, but sometimes I still have awful dreams about him. Like I go out somewhere and randomly see him and he causes a scene just to humiliate me. Gah I hate dreams like that! I wonder if they'll ever go away ...
    I still have awful dreams about my ex as well! But usually the situation is that somehow the universe thinks I'm still married to him, and I'm trying to tell people, "No no this is NOT my husband! Remember Brandon? Brandon is my husband!! Doesn't anyone know who Brandon is?!" It's really bizarre and kind of stupid I guess LOL. Also, in my case, I have two children with my ex so we're still in touch obviously.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of looking back and seeing that he hasn't changed, he's still the same person, and I'm SO glad it's over. Sometimes I feel guilty about it not working out, because I didn't want my kids to grow up in a split family, but the reality is it was NOT a good marriage and it would have continued to not be a good marriage. And, had we not divorced, I wouldn't have met my (current) husband, who has been amazing for me AND the kids.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    It took me about 4 years to get over my son's dad. And while I'm totally over him, I still have dreams about him 9.5 years later... especially now that I'm pregnant again. They don't bother me so much, but I do wake up like "go away!"