Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What the hell is going on?

  1. Old Newbie
    corit's Avatar
    corit is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    24
    #1

    What the hell is going on?

    Advertisements
    We got into an argument a week ago and he hasn't spoken to me since. I have emailed, skyped, facebooked him constantly. He has been online many times and seen what I wrote, but will not even say "I love you too" back to me. Why does he pick now out of all times when he's overseas to give me the silent treatment?
  2. Senior Member
    Oh♥Merlot's Avatar
    Oh♥Merlot is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,516
    #2
    How did you end your argument? Did he suggest breaking up? Not trying to be blunt, but from your perspective, it sounds like he may have no interest in continuing the relationship.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    brittandalex2010's Avatar
    brittandalex2010 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    9
    #3
    i know its hard right now but just stay strong and stick by him, he is probably going through a rough time and just need some space hun just be strong
  4. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by corit View Post
    We got into an argument a week ago and he hasn't spoken to me since. I have emailed, skyped, facebooked him constantly. He has been online many times and seen what I wrote, but will not even say "I love you too" back to me. Why does he pick now out of all times when he's overseas to give me the silent treatment?
    Sorry that this has happened, but I would suggest backing off of the "constantly" part. The ball is in his court, give him some space to decide to pick it up if he chooses to.
  5. Old Newbie
    corit's Avatar
    corit is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    24
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    How did you end your argument? Did he suggest breaking up? Not trying to be blunt, but from your perspective, it sounds like he may have no interest in continuing the relationship.
    No, he never mentioned that. But that's all my mind is going to... and it's really worrying me.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    #luci's Avatar
    #luci is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,747
    #6
    I agree with PP's. For your own sanity, try to step away from constantly reaching out. If anything, it will push him away even more.

    Sometimes during deployments, people will pull away from loved ones. It could be for a variety of reasons, and it sucks that there's nothing you/we(general) can really do. He may not want to talk because he'd rather not discuss the argument. Again, try to step back and clear your own head.
  7. Old Newbie
    corit's Avatar
    corit is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    24
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Biebz<3 View Post
    I agree with PP's. For your own sanity, try to step away from constantly reaching out. If anything, it will push him away even more.

    Sometimes during deployments, people will pull away from loved ones. It could be for a variety of reasons, and it sucks that there's nothing you/we(general) can really do. He may not want to talk because he'd rather not discuss the argument. Again, try to step back and clear your own head.
    You're right, I have leaving things unresolved and I just want to beat him over the head with it until it's better. He's such a typical dude...
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    #luci's Avatar
    #luci is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,747
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by corit View Post
    You're right, I have leaving things unresolved and I just want to beat him over the head with it until it's better. He's such a typical dude...
    Oh believe me, I hate leaving things unresolved as well. I have issues with people not responding to me, because in my mind, its just common decency. However, we cannot control others' actions. We can only control how we respond to those actions and how we allow them to make us feel. That may sound like cliche advice, but being on this forum and having gone through a deployment, I tend to "let things go" more than I used to. Not because I've given up, but because I was just tired of being consumed by anxiety, etc. You may have to accept that this situation may not be "better" in the time that you want it to. So what you can do in the mean time is give him space. Either he'll come around in his own time, or you'll learn that the relationship may not continue. Either way, just try to calm down a bit.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    JennyJennJenn's Avatar
    JennyJennJenn is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Me- NJ Him- Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,675


    #9
    DB does this, most of the time the argument is over something stupid... Usually a COMPLETE misunderstanding to boot, but he insists on playing the "I'm going to quit texting you for the night" and runs and hides in the corner. I'm not going with the whole leaving things unresolved, so the I sit and stew and get even more angry. Then he cant "figure out why I'm so mad" Ugg >.< I would let him cool off some (being me, I just quit talking too because I end up so aggrivated lol) and he'll come around, he just needs some time. Or maybe he's been really busy on top of it! Bugging him though is just likely to make things work!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •