Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What the hell is going on?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

What the hell is going on?

Advertisements
    We got into an argument a week ago and he hasn't spoken to me since. I have emailed, skyped, facebooked him constantly. He has been online many times and seen what I wrote, but will not even say "I love you too" back to me. Why does he pick now out of all times when he's overseas to give me the silent treatment?
  2. Senior Member
    How did you end your argument? Did he suggest breaking up? Not trying to be blunt, but from your perspective, it sounds like he may have no interest in continuing the relationship.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    i know its hard right now but just stay strong and stick by him, he is probably going through a rough time and just need some space hun just be strong
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by corit View Post
    We got into an argument a week ago and he hasn't spoken to me since. I have emailed, skyped, facebooked him constantly. He has been online many times and seen what I wrote, but will not even say "I love you too" back to me. Why does he pick now out of all times when he's overseas to give me the silent treatment?
    Sorry that this has happened, but I would suggest backing off of the "constantly" part. The ball is in his court, give him some space to decide to pick it up if he chooses to.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    How did you end your argument? Did he suggest breaking up? Not trying to be blunt, but from your perspective, it sounds like he may have no interest in continuing the relationship.
    No, he never mentioned that. But that's all my mind is going to... and it's really worrying me.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I agree with PP's. For your own sanity, try to step away from constantly reaching out. If anything, it will push him away even more.

Sometimes during deployments, people will pull away from loved ones. It could be for a variety of reasons, and it sucks that there's nothing you/we(general) can really do. He may not want to talk because he'd rather not discuss the argument. Again, try to step back and clear your own head.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Biebz<3 View Post
    I agree with PP's. For your own sanity, try to step away from constantly reaching out. If anything, it will push him away even more.

Sometimes during deployments, people will pull away from loved ones. It could be for a variety of reasons, and it sucks that there's nothing you/we(general) can really do. He may not want to talk because he'd rather not discuss the argument. Again, try to step back and clear your own head.
    You're right, I have leaving things unresolved and I just want to beat him over the head with it until it's better. He's such a typical dude...
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by corit View Post
    You're right, I have leaving things unresolved and I just want to beat him over the head with it until it's better. He's such a typical dude...
    Oh believe me, I hate leaving things unresolved as well. I have issues with people not responding to me, because in my mind, its just common decency. However, we cannot control others' actions. We can only control how we respond to those actions and how we allow them to make us feel. That may sound like cliche advice, but being on this forum and having gone through a deployment, I tend to "let things go" more than I used to. Not because I've given up, but because I was just tired of being consumed by anxiety, etc. You may have to accept that this situation may not be "better" in the time that you want it to. So what you can do in the mean time is give him space. Either he'll come around in his own time, or you'll learn that the relationship may not continue. Either way, just try to calm down a bit.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DB does this, most of the time the argument is over something stupid... Usually a COMPLETE misunderstanding to boot, but he insists on playing the "I'm going to quit texting you for the night" and runs and hides in the corner. I'm not going with the whole leaving things unresolved, so the I sit and stew and get even more angry. Then he cant "figure out why I'm so mad" Ugg >.< I would let him cool off some (being me, I just quit talking too because I end up so aggrivated lol) and he'll come around, he just needs some time. Or maybe he's been really busy on top of it! Bugging him though is just likely to make things work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]