Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate trying to break up with people

1. verabot89
    verabot89

I hate trying to break up with people

Advertisements
    I've been seeing a guy for about a month. Kept it on the DL because I wasn't sure how I felt, and I decided to break it off today and he is being persistent and it's making me feel like crap. My feelings for him just weren't growing at all, and he seems have fallen for me quite a bit. I wish I was feeling it though. Now I just feel guilty.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

yeah been there done that. I felt so bad and guilty that I let him talk me into maybe trying to work things out. thankfully I went out of town and didn't talk to him at all and when I got back he said he could tell I wasn't interested and he shouldn't have tried to make me "work it out"

3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    If your feelings were not growing, you did the best thing for the both of you. I hope he realizes soon that you were sparing him from any further heartbreak
  4. Senior Member
    I hate it too, although I hate being dumped more

Seriously though, im sorry . I'm sure it's worse like that, the guys I always broke it off with got pissed and talked shit so it always made me feel justified.
  5. verabot89
    verabot89
    He keeps saying stuff like "This doesn't feel right" and blah blah. It was obvious he really liked me. When we kissed goodbye last night I started thinking about exDB and missing him-- I can't tell him that, but that's definitely a sign I needed to end it.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilinkgirl View Post
    If your feelings were not growing, you did the best thing for the both of you. I hope he realizes soon that you were sparing him from any further heartbreak
    i agree

ive broken up with a couple guys before because i just wasn't feeling it. its a horrible feeling
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure he has friends telling him that you are just confused, that you need time, that you really don't want to break up with him etc etc.
    just be firm and final, and none of this "we can still be friends" stuff.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. *Persevere*
    *Persevere*
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    I'm sure he has friends telling him that you are just confused, that you need time, that you really don't want to break up with him etc etc.
    just be firm and final, and none of this "we can still be friends" stuff.
    Completely agree with the above. It sucks to have to do it, but you don't want to give him false hope.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results." ~Albert Einstein

9. verabot89
    verabot89
    We only went one like six dates. I think he's taking this too hard.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

10. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    You shouldn't feel bad. And if you guys only went on like 6 dates, yeah, this shouldn't be much more than a blip on the radar for him. Then again, after 6 dates with my DH I think I knew he was the one LOL (but the feeling was mutual). Really though, would he prefer for you to lead him on and drag things out longer? I'm guessing not. I'm sorry you're feeling bad.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast