Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: After 2 years, I'm here.

1. Senior Member

After 2 years, I'm here.

Advertisements
    Well, here I am. I have been thinking of writing this post for some time now but am barely getting around to it. As some of you may remember, DB returned from deployment #2 in May. Things started going south the same day as his return. He started treating me like dirt and overall just made me feel like I wasn't worth anything; I felt like scum. Over the next week he reminded me how beautiful the women at his port visit in Australia were and how I was the cause of all his troubles.

We couldn't even have a simple conversation because every topic I brought up he felt the need to "educate" me and make me feel stupid, because alas he knows more than me. One of the lows was when I told him I got a promotion at work and he laughed it off while making a joke saying that I was probably only going to get a .25 cent raise.

After talking to several friends about everything that had been happening (much more than in this thread) and those same friends coming to me concerned about his behavior, I decided I needed to leave the relationship for my own well-being. About a month ago I decided I was 100% done with the relationship. I told this to him and he said we needed to talk more in person. So I agreed and asked to set up a time, when the times I had off in the days following didn't work for him he said we would figure it out and proceeded to hang up on me. Since then I haven't heard from him.

Yet, after that conversation I have considered myself single and completely done. I am moving on with my life and to my surprise I have feel pretty amazing since that day I told him I was done. I get sad occasionally, but it is usually when I find something ex-DB wrote to me when he was actually the sweet guy I fell in love with and knowing that he is no longer that guy hurts. On the positive side though, I am excited for what comes next in my life and what God has in store for me. I know now that I did not deserve to be treated badly and to have my self-worth stomped on constantly.

I hope you all won't mind if I stick around on the boards, even though I haven't been on much lately.
    Jenni Penni's lil' trooper +=
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Good for you; way to stand up for yourself. I know this breakup must be hard, but I truly hope you can find peace and (eventually) someone who deserves you!
  3. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I'm sorry you are hurting but proud of you for not accepting anything less than you deserve in a relationship! You do have a bright future ahead...it's his loss!

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  4. Regular Member
    I am a big believer in fate and destiny and remember there is always a reason as to why things happen and I hope you find a great DB/DH in the future!!!!

Canada will always be home
  5. Senior Member
    Thank you so much ladies! Your words truly mean the world to me.
    Thankfully I have you ladies and wonderful friends to remind me that I made the right decision.
    Jenni Penni's lil' trooper +=
  6. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I'm sorry, but you deserve WAY better!!

7. Kas
    This love will never end
    This love will never end
    I hope you find a man that will treat you the way you deserve!
  8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Buddy, you know I WUB you and that you're a princess who deserves a prince As a princess, you also deserve an amazing trip to Germany....

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

good for you for moving on and taking care of yourself! you should definitely stick around I did when my ex and I broke up and I ended up with another Navy guy so you never know

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast