Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: is it wrong?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

is it wrong?

Advertisements
    that I miss being in love? I miss having a best friend. I miss having that person I can call when I think of something funny or when my grandma dies and my mom tells me that she wanted me to sing a song at her funeral mass or I just want to talk.

I also really think that us breaking up was the right thing. But being alone sucks. I don't know if I'm ready to date again yet (it's only been like a month) but even if I was sure, I don't even know how to meet people. And I'd really like to make some more single friends. Most of the people in my small group are married and they're great, but I'd be nice to have friends who were more in my same life situation.

Blah, this was kind of a brain dump. Sorry.

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    It's ok to miss being in love. Just remember to give yourself some time to find that right person who deserves your love.

PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.

3. Senior Member
    I have been there.... I agree thay you need to give yourself the time to find the right person. Cause settling isnt what your gonna want in the long run.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I get what you mean. I missed being in love after both my major breakups. IMO, that is a normal feeling, especially given your tough situation right now dealing with a loss.

I know you really would prefer IRL friends right now, but my offer still stands, I am always here for you via PM or text.

5. Senior Member
    No, it's not wrong at all. It's human and it's part of the grieving process after a break up.

I'm sorry.
  6. Senior Member
    I still miss that feeling. Man friend and I are kind of there, but not really. Some days are worse than others... but I think it is totally normal and okay.

I'm here if you need to talk, love.

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks you guys. There's no way I'm gonna settle at this point. One of my friends told me right after Luke and I broke up that I should make a list of all the qualities I want in a husband and pray on that cause God's got the perfect man out there for me. And I absolutely believe that.

As much as I love you guys and really, really appreciate your offers to talk and PM...all of my college and home friends are thousands of miles away and all I do is talk to them on the phone and IM. Adding more people to that is just too exhausting. I need real human contact. But really, thanks so much. It does mean a lot.

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  9. Senior Member
    I miss that sometimes, too...and it has been just about 11 months for me. Sometimes, when I'm out dancing a new person has joined the crew of misfits that is the regulars...and I have finally come up with a nickname for them...I'm just like "I wish I had someone to share this with who would laugh with me." Or this week when my grandma died, and there was drama among my family members, and I was just like "really?! Someone died and you are going to fight? Isn't death supposed to make us realize life is short and bring us closer together?" I wish I had someone's chest to bury my head into and scream for a second.

I think the fact that you realize that even though you WANT that, it might not be what you NEED is level-headed of you. Or mature. Something. Neither of those seems like quite the right word. It just seems like you know what's what even though you may still be hurting, and missing being in love. You are not crazy or wrong or anything else, you will heal in your own time in your own way.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.