Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way past due

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Way past due

Advertisements
    So, what do you ladies do when you're in a major dating slump?

I guess since I'm 27, I just feel a much bigger urgency to find someone than I did when I was younger. I'm sure you all know by now that I've never really dated ever. I've been putting myself out there by doing the online dating thing, trying to hangout with more friends to meet their friends, getting in touch with old friends with perhaps some potential, going to dances and other singles events, conferences. I dunno. I just don't really know what else to do at this point. I feel a bit trapped here in Seattle and so I am hoping that I get into grad school in San Diego. I am hoping that maybe nothing is happening right now because it is going to when I move. I guess I'm just concerned about if I don't get in...

It's just time.. Time to have some sort of even mild chemistry with someone to at least go on a single date with. Aside from exDB, (in my siggy, which only lasted 4 months) I haven't been on a date in 4 1/2 years. I think I'm hoping for some magical solution because I don't know of any original answers that I might receive.. I am to the point where everything is riding on getting into grad school right now. If I don't get in, I don't know a single thing I am going to do with my life and I am kinda nervous about that...
  2. Senior Member
    When I was in a major dating slump...I went to online dating and found the love of my life.
  3. Senior Member
    Everything happens for a reason.... Im sure everything will fall into place just perfectly.

Baby you are just so amazing.....
    everything you have done without me there is unbelievable.
    The person that I married is the person I want by my side the rest of my life
    and I can't wait to get back to her. ~DH~
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Be-That-G...6354206&sr=8-1

Amazon.com: Dating Makes You Want to Die: (But You Have to Do It Anyway) (9780061456503): Daniel Holloway, Dorothy Robinson: Books

I say keep doing what you're doing and read these books in the meantime. Both helped me TREMENDOUSLY because I was in a somewhat similar mindset at one point.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    have you thought about doing like a women's retreat? right before I met my husband I was spending a lot of time concentrating on myself as an individual (when I wasn't busy working and spending time with keygan, of course) and sure enough he found me!
    I also did a women's bible study group with my mom and a couple other women from church.
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I don't have any real advice but I wish you luck! I know sometimes if you look too hard, it attracts the wrong type of people.

7. Senior Member
    I haven't really had too much interest in actually dating, as you may know. If it comes along, I'm not going to ignore it (aka...we'll see if I ever get up the nerve to talk to a certain someone since I find him appealing from what little I know about him,) but I'm not looking for it. That has pretty much always been me. So, I'm not exactly the person to give you advice. But I did want to offer you luck and hugs.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    What Lyndsay said (I know I spelled that wrong I'm sorry!!). I dated J for 2.5 years, all completely long distance. The last year of our relationship I never saw him. Then I was single for a year. Toward the end of that year, I finally said "eff this!!", went on POF, and met my DB

What did I do in the meantime? I did my own thing. I didn't give a crap if I found a guy or not.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post
    What Lyndsay said (I know I spelled that wrong I'm sorry!!). I dated J for 2.5 years, all completely long distance. The last year of our relationship I never saw him. Then I was single for a year. Toward the end of that year, I finally said "eff this!!", went on POF, and met my DB

What did I do in the meantime? I did my own thing. I didn't give a crap if I found a guy or not.

You spelled it right!!!!
  10. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BmrsG View Post
    Oh you. You're the absolute best at all of this with me. Thank you for being patient through all of my constant murmuring on the subject. I'll check those books out.

Quote Originally Posted by jordana View Post
    have you thought about doing like a women's retreat? right before I met my husband I was spending a lot of time concentrating on myself as an individual (when I wasn't busy working and spending time with keygan, of course) and sure enough he found me!
    I also did a women's bible study group with my mom and a couple other women from church.
    I am spending all my time outside of work trying to improve myself. That really is my focus at the moment. I just often think about why I don't date. It puzzles me. I like to have solutions, so i guess it's just the splinter in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post

And I mean that's what I'm doing. Just working on my health and trying to get into school. I just feel a bit lost at what "my own thing" is supposed to be-IF-I don't get into grad school. Perhaps that's my larger issue at the moment and my brain is trying to tell me to figure that out. Because perhaps it's trying to find the "easier" (ha!) route in finding a man and not having to worry about a career.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    When I was in a major dating slump...I went to online dating and found the love of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MpWyfe10 View Post
    Everything happens for a reason.... Im sure everything will fall into place just perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    I don't have any real advice but I wish you luck! I know sometimes if you look too hard, it attracts the wrong type of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChandyPandy View Post
    I haven't really had too much interest in actually dating, as you may know. If it comes along, I'm not going to ignore it (aka...we'll see if I ever get up the nerve to talk to a certain someone since I find him appealing from what little I know about him,) but I'm not looking for it. That has pretty much always been me. So, I'm not exactly the person to give you advice. But I did want to offer you luck and hugs.
    Thanks ladies.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast