Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update kind of

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Update kind of

Advertisements
    I say "kind of" because nothing has happened. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard one word from him. I sent him a couple emails that were just sorta normal, but it was too painful to do that and just wait and wait for a response and get none.

Monday night I sent him an email that said basically the not knowing and waiting is hurting too much, so just don't contact me until you're here and settled. I make myself sick to my stomach almost every day with anxiety. So I had to tell him not to call so I won't be expecting a call.

I've decided that if I don't hear from him in two weeks, that's it. I'm not waiting anymore. I'll call him and tell him we're done. I don't deserve to be treated this way. If he cares about me, he'll acknowledge this was wrong and make an effort to work past it with me. If he's gonna act like a child and just not talk to me, I'm not going to take it.

I do want to work things out with him. We've meant too much to each other for too long to give up without a fight. But if I'm the only one fighting, it's not going to matter.

I just...I'm so confused. But at the same time, I'm realizing what has been one of our biggest problems, and that's that he's really much more immature than either of us wants to admit. It's hard to see that when he was like a big brother to me for many years and someone who pushed and encouraged me and went off on his own and all that. But his inability to compromise, to accept an apology and move on, to communicate when something is wrong and to address conflict...don't get me wrong, I've also realized that there are things I've done wrong. The difference is that I see them, and I want to change those things. He doesn't seem to want to change his behavior. And unless he can show me that he is willing...

Thank God I love my job and already have friends here! My friend Mandie came over last night cause I didn't go to prayer group to check on me. I kept saying how I was fine and I'm eating healthier and work is good and blah blah. And she was just like "you look like you're about to cry" and then I did.

Ok, I'm gonna stop now. Thanks for all your support ladies. If you could pray, or send good vibes or chant or however you want to help, that I could be at peace with the situation and not have so much anxiety, I would really really appreciate it.

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  5. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I'm glad you're doing better. You deserve more than that. I don't have a relationship with God, but I know that bright and beautiful things are coming your way, because bright and beautiful people like you attract them. If you need an ear, you know I'm here.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hugs hon
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Tons and tons of hugs Nora.

As much as I hate to say this and cause more anxiety, if you haven't heard from him in two weeks it sounds like he's already checked out. If he was at all torn up about this like you are I think he would've been more apt to reply to your e-mails but it doesn't really sound like he cares that you're hurting. I know that you love him and want to work things out but at this point (from what you've posted) it honestly sounds like you're clinging onto something that just isn't there anymore. Maybe it would be wise to start to let go the possibility of working things out in your head and begin working through the grieving of the relationship.

I'm sooo sorry honey, none of this can be easy and I feel terrible for you. I'm always here to talk if you need ANYTHING and I'm sending you and tons of that this situation is resolved and you're able to heal your heart soon.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You are so strong. You got this. Know what you deserve and don't settle for less. we're all here for you
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BmrsG View Post
    Tons and tons of hugs Nora.

As much as I hate to say this and cause more anxiety, if you haven't heard from him in two weeks it sounds like he's already checked out. If he was at all torn up about this like you are I think he would've been more apt to reply to your e-mails but it doesn't really sound like he cares that you're hurting. I know that you love him and want to work things out but at this point (from what you've posted) it honestly sounds like you're clinging onto something that just isn't there anymore. Maybe it would be wise to start to let go the possibility of working things out in your head and begin working through the grieving of the relationship.

I'm sooo sorry honey, none of this can be easy and I feel terrible for you. I'm always here to talk if you need ANYTHING and I'm sending you and tons of that this situation is resolved and you're able to heal your heart soon.

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Despite all the confusion and anxiety you're facing right now, I can honestly say (as an outsider) that mentally you're in a very good place. Kudos to you and I know you'll find your way soon!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast