Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A sense of Normalcy....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Suspicious A sense of Normalcy....

Advertisements
    Does anyone else feel like after a hell of a failed relationship (in my case a marriage) and everything is said and done, your life becomes "normal" once again? As in you don't "care" to be in a relationship because you're so wrapped up in making yourself happy?
    I feel like ever since I left my exhusband my life has gone back to "normal" and the "normalcy" I've craved since in college. Doing what I want when I want, not answering to anyone, not bowing down to in-law's or a spouse's gaming addiction. It's like a sense of "finally I can breathe". Does anyone else feel this way or am I like the only woman to exist that doesn't feel like she has to be "with" someone to be happy? I swear a year single and I LOVE my life. Dates are fine and all but I have no real "desire" to be with anyone.
    IDK...I suppose I'm just on a tangent now. LOL.
    Any thoughts?
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

You're certainly not the only woman to feel that way. If I hadn't have met DH I would be single and happy (for the most part, I had days where I wished I had someone to talk to). Before I met dh, I was happy to be alone and single. Didn't have to worry about anyone but myself, that sort of thing. Now I'm married with a baby, lol. I think I lost a couple of screws when I met DH, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Free!
    Free!
    I feel similar. It's nice to not be worried about males and trying to impress them right now. I've definitely have calmed down and am way less uptight nowadays. Being single has been good for me. I figure I'm young so there's no need in trying to be caught up in settling down right now.
  4. Regular Member
    Good for you. Moving on and living life for yourself is a huge accomplishment.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslady View Post
    I feel similar. It's nice to not be worried about males and trying to impress them right now. I've definitely have calmed down and am way less uptight nowadays. Being single has been good for me. I figure I'm young so there's no need in trying to be caught up in settling down right now.
    AMEN!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

6. Senior Member
    My counselor told me that studies show that it takes 4 years after the divorce is final (no matter how long you were separated) before you start feeling like yourself again. My divorce was final in 2008...so this year...I should be feeling like me again!
  7. Senior Member
    I have never been a dating kind of person. I was never one to seek out a relationship before that - and I didn't seek that one out, he sought after me. Now that I'm single, I haven't really been looking for anyone to date. If someone catches my eye - or if I catch someone's eye who also meets the basic criteria - then, I'll give it a shot, and we can get to know each other to see if it will go anywhere. If not, that's fine too. Right now, I am more concerned with getting a job and moving out of my dad's house, and starting a life of my own. Relationships have never been a big deal to me - when I'm not in them, obviously. When I am in them, they are a big deal, and I put my heart and soul into them.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.