Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meh.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Neutral Meh.

Advertisements
    It's starting to feel real that we're not together anymore. He texted me and told me to get his stuff together. I'm proud of my self for doing it, but I will miss him, but I keep reminding myself it'll get better. he keeps trying to make me feel horrible. telling me how depressed he is and stuff.

does the feeling of feeling bad go away? I'm NOT going back to him. I promised myself I wouldn't. I can be happy without him. I know I can.
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...

it does get easier...
  3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
  4. Senior Member
  5. Senior Member
    It definitely gets easier with time. Don't let him get to you.
  6. Senior Member

It gets easier...but in my personal experience, it could get worse before it gets better.

When I ended my relationship in college...the guy got really depressed first...wouldn't stop calling me, texting me, sending me messages on Facebook, contacting my friends, etc. At one point, I was babysitting and couldn't take my phone constantly ringing so I picked it up and told him to stop calling...he then left me a message of him cocking his gun and saying, "I guess you've left me no choice." It broke my heart but once I came back to reality, I realized he was just bluffing...and trying to get me to call him back.

If that's not bad enough...he then moved back to the town I was living (he had moved to Atlanta during our relationship) and free-loaded off of his best friend while trying to get me back...it first started out okay...thought he really was to the point of being friends...but he then started stalking me...showed up piss-drunk at Walmart with his gun and followed me around.

He still contacts me from time to time, but I have his number listed as DO NOT ANSWER...I used to have it deleted...but then I would respond asking who it was when I got a text...now I know who it is.

I'm not saying all this to scare you but rather to prepare you for the worst. Your ex may not be as fucked up in the head as mine was...but with you saying that he is already saying he is depressed which is likely in an attempt to guilt you...it could lead to the shit I went through. STAY STRONG!!!
  7. Senior Member
    YES IT GOES AWAY! I'm so proud of you that you won't go back. It gets so much easier.

Shit, I remember when I paid 20 fucking dollars to send my ex his things. Now it feels like ages ago. It hurts really really bad, for a while. It's not easy, but eventually it will get better

8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Ugh, one of my exs tried to make me feel like crap after I broke up with him too. We were together for over a year & he thought we were happy but it just wasn't working for me anymore. He called me one night to tell me he was so depressed & losing a whole bunch of weight from not eating

Don't let him get to you. You did this for you & your well being. It will get better.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Meow.
    Meow.
  10. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    It gets easier, but it takes a long time. You can definitely be happy without him!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast