Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I haven't been here in a while...

1. Senior Member

I haven't been here in a while...

Advertisements
    ... And no one probably remembers me but basically I was married to a Marine for 5 years (together for 8). We separated last December (2010). Everything was going wrong and I found out a bunch of horrible stuff that he had done (cheating, etc.). Well we are still going through the divorce (almost done) and his new gf is now pregnant with his baby. She is due anyday now (she is in the Air Force). The whole time he has been saying how much he loves me and he knows we're going to get back together, blah blah blah. I barely found out his gf was pregnant about 3 weeks ago from our 4 year old son. Everything I thought about this man has completely been wrong. I feel sorry that I chose him to be my son's father, he's completely put my son on the backburner and has not lived up to expectations. 2011 was one hell of a year for me but I am proud to say that my life is back on track. I am working full time, going to school, taking care of my son by myself and everyday I get more and more comfortable being by myself. I just wanted to give you ladies some words of encouragement, if I can get through all of this, you can too!!!
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Welcome back. Sorry your ex turned into a douche bag!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    Welcome back!! And good for you!!! It sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and your son and that is really admirable. Congrats on all your accomplishments so far and keep up the good work.

Also don't be too hard on yourself. I don't know about everyone but for me I kissed my fair share of toads before I found a prince. But it made finding him so much sweeter!!!
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Josie grosie! I remember you!

I'm sorry he turned out to be an ass. But you keep being strong and doing good for you and your son. Ya know you've got our backs!
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies. It was really hard to let go at first but I realize that I made the right decision. I haven't been here for a while but for some reason I thought about this forum and decided to check it out again.
  6. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Well, I'm glad you did.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.