Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Up...#2

1. Regular Member

Broken Up...#2

Advertisements
    I feel so heartbroken. I know in my heart that DB loves me and I can't make any sense of our break up. I spoke to my mom about the manner in which DB and I broke up and she asked me why I was so harsh to him. I knew he was stressed out and scared and that this was his first deployment. I ended up sending him an email (in hopes that he gets to read it), apologizing for my last words to him. As angry as I was, I truly don't believe that I should have said something mean in an effort to hurt him back and especially not when it may be the last I hear of him for a while.

I don't know where I'll go from here. Moving on would be ideal. Yet, I love DB with all my heart and I wish things didn't go down this way.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

3. Senior Member
    break ups are always hard, even the most amicable. It just takes time, you won't feel better over night. If you really want to move on, you have to cut all contact.

4. Banned
    Banned
    [QUOTE=briannanoel;8613974] break ups are always hard, even the most amicable. It just takes time, you won't feel better over night. If you really want to move on, you have to cut all contact.[/QUOTE]

just remember you do whats best for YOU. Maybe you did react to harshly but then again maybe not. But dont let missing someone cloud your views on why you left them in the first place.
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
  6. I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    break ups are always hard, even the most amicable. It just takes time, you won't feel better over night. If you really want to move on, you have to cut all contact.

EXACTLY
    Always his, Forever faithful
    DH: "i thinking about you all day long and wish i could fight this war and come home every night, but i will before we both know it. im the luckies man in the world because i found a girl like you and i put my name on it "
    NukesQueen, Pink2hiscamo, MonkeyEyes are my sister wives!!!
    USMCgf1 is my super moto marine spouse sister!!
  7. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I agree also I still don't have any answers and still can't make sense of my last breakup. Its been 9 months now and I know that I will never understand. My friends even still talk about how they don't understand what happened. sometimes these things happen. I just know that everything happened for a reason.
  9. Regular Member
    Thanks ladies. I got an email from him this morning explaining how he came to his decision. Apparently we were both afraid that we would no get through this. In the beginning of our rough patch, I did not know how to accept that I could love someone so much yet have to let them go. I wanted so much to be happy with him that I kept telling myself I had to stay and fight for it.

He was very kind and I still almost can't believe it's over. Still, I am less bitter towards him and more relieved that we did not stress and suffer through the end of our relationship any longer. Maybe we can regain our friendship but definitely not soon.

I just hope to move on. I know the only way to get through it is to let myself feel everything I'm feeling right now. Even though I'm really sad about it, I'm also a very happy person. I hope one day soon I can be happy again without that lingering sadness.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCH0724 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I got an email from him this morning explaining how he came to his decision. Apparently we were both afraid that we would no get through this. In the beginning of our rough patch, I did not know how to accept that I could love someone so much yet have to let them go. I wanted so much to be happy with him that I kept telling myself I had to stay and fight for it.

He was very kind and I still almost can't believe it's over. Still, I am less bitter towards him and more relieved that we did not stress and suffer through the end of our relationship any longer. Maybe we can regain our friendship but definitely not soon.

I just hope to move on. I know the only way to get through it is to let myself feel everything I'm feeling right now. Even though I'm really sad about it, I'm also a very happy person. I hope one day soon I can be happy again without that lingering sadness.

You will feel happy again and probably sooner than you think. Breaking up can almost be like suffering a bereavement in some respects, and as in that situation, at the time you feel like you'll never be happy again, never be able to remember that person again without breaking down and completely losing it. But you know, as cliched as it sounds, time IS a great healer and that day will come when you'll be glad you had him in your life, remember the happy times you had but you'll be able to see a future without him. And you never know what is around the corner for you One thing I've learnt as I've got older is that you have to completely let go, being one foot in and one foot out never resolves the situation fully. So let him go, move on with your life and who knows but if you're meant to be together it will happen in another time for you both. Good luck and big hugs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast