Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stupid stupid stupid!!

1. Regular Member

Duh Stupid stupid stupid!!

Advertisements
    SORRY IT'S LONG! So I'm back...again...it's been awhile since I posted but a lot has happened and I'm a bit "stuck"! Quick rundown on what HAD happened- my army bf and I had been together for 5 months two days after his deployment was announced he flipped out and said he didn't think he could handle the separation (etc etc etc) so we broke up on ok terms- he started his training we still talked randomly then out of no where he called me AFTER training had pretty much finished saying he'd bought me a gift and wanted to see me before he left. I was quite unsure about it thinking he just wanted a "sure thing" before he left but ended up agreeing to dinner with him AND his mother. It was great same chemistry as before he picked me up and dropped me home and nothing happened at all! Since then we started talking again every day for weeks! He called me Christmas Eve (drunk) telling me he still loved me and he was terrible at talking about "feelings and love" long story short when I came home after Xmas he picked me up from the airport and I did not leave his house until the day he deployed. He'd bought me more gifts he cooked me dinner every night made me breakfast in bed we spent New Years at home with his best mate and his gf, we went out with his parents plenty and it all went back to the way it was when we were together! He shocked me so much with how "cutesy" he was I even stopped and asked him who he was at one stage! I'm not goig to deny we didn't sleep together but it wasn't just about that there were quite a few nights we'd just talk rubbish and laugh at each other till we'd fall asleep and just cuddle! Now for the stupid part we didn't talk about "US" at all before he left so now I don't know where I'm at or what to think! He was talking about taking me to his family farm as a get away when he's home and talked about "us" doing this or what "we" needed to buy for home (where I do not live) god his mother even sent me a txt the day he left saying he was a lucky boy to have me...umm does he though we didn't talk about it we just fell back into us again and now it's doing my head in!! I've heard from him a few times since he left but don't want to have this awkward clarification talk over email or chat Someone slap me for being so damn stupid! 1 month down 5 to go until I pick up my, ex/bf/more than just friend ?? from the airport
  2. Senior Member
    I know having the chat over email or chat isn't ideal, but it's what you have so it will have to do. Letting it sit and fester for 5 months is a recipe for misunderstanding and broken hearts.
  3. Regular Member
    Mmm...I got invited to a Valentines Day dinner by one of his buddies gf (the couple we spent NYE with) politely declined- I was going to raise it with him from that but their net keeps crashing so it's been a wk since I've heard anything from him! I do want to clarify it but I don't want it to come across as "so I'm still single right"?!? If you know what I mean, because that isn't it AT ALL!! I still love this guy I want to support him and help him through this anyway I can not add drama and more stress to his deployment...