Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Totally Frustrated

1. Regular Member

Question Totally Frustrated

Advertisements
    I am totally frustrated to the point to where I don't know what to freaking do....Since this is a place for singles, divorced, etc..I figured I would post here for your input..I'm involved with a very sweet man in the army(yeah I know you prolly don't wanna hear that..lol), problem is about 2 weeks after us seeing one another he is deployed. He was supposed to come back sometime this month. However, they have extended it. Neither of us planned for this. We also didn't plan to be crazy for one another. At first, he would email me every week, at least once and usually would say that he was very busy and just wanted to say hi, etc. My last email came on Feb 14 (out of all damn days) that said hi, not much time or opportunity to write, looks like I will be here for quite a while..then nothing else. I haven't heard from him since then.
    I have posted on the deployment board to the point where I know they sick of hearing about it..got very little advice by the way. My thing is, how long should I wait before it should be considered..OVER. Even though we knew each other for about 3 weeks total before he left, we are very close and even discussed moving in when he came back. He always promised to be up front and honest with me and never lie or stray me along. We chose to wait on having sex till we had been together for a while so it would be special.
    I honestly don't know what to do abou this, I'm at my whits end. Part of me, wants to believe all that I told you he said, and part of me thinks that since he is over there for a while that the distance will drive us apart and maybe I should just consider us "done" since I haven't heard anything..What is your input?? I have written him several emails telling him I miss him, can't call him cuz his phone doesn't work there. We agreed to just email anyways before he left.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

this is a sticky situation imo.
    I was in a similar situation, where he stopped talking to me for three months. THREE MONTHS.
    and he was very, very hurt when I told him I had given up and moved on.
    Honestly, i dont think there is a right answer.
    while they are deployed, soemtimes they dont get much time AT ALL to talk.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    this is a sticky situation imo.
    I was in a similar situation, where he stopped talking to me for three months. THREE MONTHS.
    and he was very, very hurt when I told him I had given up and moved on.
    Honestly, i dont think there is a right answer.
    while they are deployed, soemtimes they dont get much time AT ALL to talk.
    Wow, so you did eventually hear from him..even though it was 3 months later?? Another member on here told me to give him 2 months. He is a wonderful guy and worth waiting on. I'm just afraid..given my track record, that I may never hear from him again and wait for nothing. Granted, as honest and genuinely sincere as he seemed, its hard to believe but I know how guys lie too. But he didn't get anything out of it, so I don't know why he would of lied to begin with.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know it's very, very hard but hang in there! I haven't heard from mine for almost three months as well, and there are days where I do not know what to do anymore and was this close to giving up. But I waited it out.

If you believe that he is worth waiting for, then give him more time.

Btw how long is he going to be away?

(BTW I cant send PMs yet but I'll try to email you!)
  5. Regular Member
    Thanks, its good to know I'm not the only one to wait this long. I'm sorry that you haven't heard from your SO too. At first, he was only to be gone till March. My last email from him said he is looking to be there for quite a while. So I don't know how long that is.