Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When did dating

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

When did dating

Advertisements
    become such a chore?

This is my once in a blue moon being single whine.

I realized last night that I am just exhausted from dating. It does have its fun moments, but 9 times out of 10 I enter the getting to know someone phase with a "here we go again" attitude. I'm completely bored with men, I'm completely tired of the dating game, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm more satisfied, confident, and happy being around my friends or my dog on a Saturday night than getting ready for yet another first date with yet another idiot.

There has to be something either a) wrong with me or b) wrong with the men I'm picking because I have been on more dead end dates than I can count with all my fingers and toes. Maybe I think I'm ready for a relationship but in reality I'm not. Maybe I'm sending out the wrong signals. Maybe I'm too picky. I'm not really sure, all I know is it's not working. I've been back in the dating game for 6 months, putting myself out there both online and IRL, meeting people left and right, and yet here I sit, still single, but no longer looking.

I deleted my online dating profile and I'm giving men a rest for the next few months. My main goals in life right now are to find a better job, focus on my education, and continue to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to my fitness goals. I think I've just realized online dating just isn't for me. It's hard to let things develop organically from a dating site I think. It's annoying having the same conversation and asking the same "getting to know you" questions a hundred times. It's discouraging to meet someone and then find out slowly but surely he's not who he portrayed himself to be.

I'm just tired and I came to the realization that I need to start getting my own goals in order as I'm rapidly approaching yet another birthday

And if anyone writes "It'll happen when you least expect it" I'll kick you in the vagina. That expression makes me cranky because it's so cliche. I know the right guy is out there, I just don't think I'm ready for him yet.

2. Senior Member
    You're burnt out... it happens. Just do your own thing, and enjoy it!

ETA, please don't kick me in the vajayjay
  3. If it should, it will come around again.
    If it should, it will come around again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    become such a chore?

This is my once in a blue moon being single whine.

I realized last night that I am just exhausted from dating. It does have its fun moments, but 9 times out of 10 I enter the getting to know someone phase with a "here we go again" attitude. I'm completely bored with men, I'm completely tired of the dating game, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm more satisfied, confident, and happy being around my friends or my dog on a Saturday night than getting ready for yet another first date with yet another idiot.

There has to be something either a) wrong with me or b) wrong with the men I'm picking because I have been on more dead end dates than I can count with all my fingers and toes. Maybe I think I'm ready for a relationship but in reality I'm not. Maybe I'm sending out the wrong signals. Maybe I'm too picky. I'm not really sure, all I know is it's not working. I've been back in the dating game for 6 months, putting myself out there both online and IRL, meeting people left and right, and yet here I sit, still single, but no longer looking.

I deleted my online dating profile and I'm giving men a rest for the next few months. My main goals in life right now are to find a better job, focus on my education, and continue to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to my fitness goals. I think I've just realized online dating just isn't for me. It's hard to let things develop organically from a dating site I think. It's annoying having the same conversation and asking the same "getting to know you" questions a hundred times. It's discouraging to meet someone and then find out slowly but surely he's not who he portrayed himself to be.

I'm just tired and I came to the realization that I need to start getting my own goals in order as I'm rapidly approaching yet another birthday

And if anyone writes "It'll happen when you least expect it" I'll kick you in the vagina. That expression makes me cranky because it's so cliche. I know the right guy is out there, I just don't think I'm ready for him yet.

OMG! I soooo agree! Dating just sucks.

I'm doing the whole "online" thing too and its getting really really annoying! I was suppose to go on a 2nd date tonight w/ this guy, but then he said his parents were coming up to see him...so he cancelled...w/e! No more effort on my part!

Its fustrating!
    So you say
    The present's just a pleasant
    Interruption to the past
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    UGH!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! Ack, dating effin sucks. I hate when people say "Oh, it'll happen in time!!" because I'm like "well, easy for you to say when you're happy in a relationship . . . . bitch." lol!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    you're hot.
  6. Senior Member
    I've never been on a date I'm hoping someone just falls into my lap again...
    Whit, maybe it will start raining men now that you have quit dating?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. Senior Member
    What if I WANT you to kick me in the vagina?

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. verabot89
    verabot89
    Girl, nothings wrong with you and you're not doing anything wrong. The dating scene is a joke!! And I only know one person who has had success with online dating. Ha but I bet now that you have officially "stopped looking", someone is going to pop in out of nowhere

It's definitely exhausting, and I totally know how you feel about asking the same "get to know you" questions and always talking about the same stuff. Good luck and just do you, and all will be well.
  9. Senior Member
    i was about to say just wait for someone to come to you instead of dating and looking but i read the last night and i dont want to get kicked in the vagina
  10. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Y'know, Whit...it will happen when you least expect it

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast