Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: so confused =/

1. Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
    Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.

so confused =/

Advertisements
    I havent been on msos for the longest!! My guy cut off connections (attempted to anyways) last May mostly because of the distance. {see what to do about...these complications? if you want} He said being 500 miles away wasnt fair to me or him. As for a little background, we are high school sweethearts....he was my first everything basically...known each other for about 7 years...we are very close. He says a lot that I am the only person that really knows him.

It looks like the feelings are here to stay for the both of us. He is talking to me again, has been for a while, and regretting his decision. He wants to get back together, but the thing is that this isnt the first time that he has broken up with me for dumb reasons. It is almost like he doesnt know what he wants, but I am sure he loves me no doubt. Anyways, I dont want to put myself freely out there to be hurt again. The last time really really hurt A LOT. Also, I want to display some sense of dignity. He calls it being on my high horse. AND after he broke up with me last May, I got a wonderful, almost-too-perfect-to-believe boyfriend in July whom has already admitted he loves me. I care about him too, but he isnt my love if anybody can understand.

I am causing a lot of confusion for myself and others because I really do not know what to do. I am not sure if I should trust my ex to make me completely happy, but I know I can trust my boyfriend to do anything to make me smile. The thing is, Id rather be with my love....even if he isnt the most perfect. Should I break up with my boyfriend? Should I stop talking to my first love? I dont want to cause pain to anyone. Idk.

Thanks for anyones help.
    DB: You and Me... we should pack up, go on a long road trip towards the west coast, stop in California
    ...lay out by the beach all evening, talk all night, make love all morning, and repeat... I Miss You

i l-o-v-e my sailor IAN
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think you should break up with your current boyfriend because you admitted you'd rather be with someone else. That's not fair to him and you're stringing him along. It almost sounds like you are using him to feel better about yourself while you try to figure out what to do about your ex. It will cause him pain because he loves you, but it is the right thing to do and it will hurt him less in the long run.

That being said I don't think you should get back with your ex either. It sounds like you're very confused about a lot of things, so take some time to be single and be happy with yourself, and then when you are in that place you will know what to do.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I think you should break up with your current boyfriend because you admitted you'd rather be with someone else. That's not fair to him and you're stringing him along. It almost sounds like you are using him to feel better about yourself while you try to figure out what to do about your ex. It will cause him pain because he loves you, but it is the right thing to do and it will hurt him less in the long run.

That being said I don't think you should get back with your ex either. It sounds like you're very confused about a lot of things, so take some time to be single and be happy with yourself, and then when you are in that place you will know what to do.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over