Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, I guess I'm here now...

1. Starting over...
    Starting over...

Well, I guess I'm here now...

Advertisements
    DH told me he's going to be moving out as soon as he can find a place. He has decided, without bothering to really talk to me about it first, that since I won't move to Florida with him this summer there's no point in working on our marriage. After everything this man has put me through, I can't believe this is happening.

I don't know if I'm numb or what, but I don't even really care. If he wants to move out, I'm not going to stop him. Some of you know the story already, but he's left me and asked to come back two different times; he's cheated on me a ridiculous number of times (4 women sexually, others "just" kissing and pursuing - although I only found out when he confessed on two occasions);he's always making decisions without including me; he allows his family to treat me like absolute trash; and he just generally acts like a spoiled child.

I have forgiven him for EVERYTHING, and I've tried to move past it, but I still get hung up on this stuff from time to time. He sees it as me being disrespectful instead of me being hurt, which is what it actually is, so he's decided he's done. And for right now I really feel ok with it. If this is his choice then it is what it is. I've done everything I know how to do, and I'm just emotionally drained.

Now I'm looking at the positives, and at the top of the list is: I NEVER HAVE TO SEE MY IN-LAWS AGAIN!!! Well, not for the foreseeable future, anyway. There's always a bright side, I guess.

And I don't want to give the wrong impression, because I really am upset that it's ending like this... But part of me only half believes that he's actually going to leave (seeing as how his children will be staying here), and the other part of me is just too exhausted to care. I don't know. Just wanted to get this out there, I guess, because I know I'm going to need the support (sorry to use that word, but it's true!) soon enough.

I will do what God asks me to do; I will give God what I cannot do; and no matter what, I will trust the Lord.
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  4. Regular Member
  5. Regular Member
    Many, many hugs to you, darling.
  6. Senior Member
    oh honey, you don't deserve to live like that!
  7. Starting over...
    Starting over...
    Thank you for all the hugs, ladies. It really does mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dancerdixy View Post
    oh honey, you don't deserve to live like that!
    That's what I keep telling myself... I'm obviously not perfect, but I am a good person, and I have been a good wife to him. Right now I'm just trying to focus on being friendly with him, at least, and being a good mom for my kids... I'll be doing it on my own soon, and that's kind of starting to stress me out.

I will do what God asks me to do; I will give God what I cannot do; and no matter what, I will trust the Lord.
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TarynD View Post
    Thank you for all the hugs, ladies. It really does mean a lot.

That's what I keep telling myself... I'm obviously not perfect, but I am a good person, and I have been a good wife to him. Right now I'm just trying to focus on being friendly with him, at least, and being a good mom for my kids... I'll be doing it on my own soon, and that's kind of starting to stress me out.
    It won't always be easy. Hell, it may ONLY be easy while you're sleeping! However, you CAN do this. I promise. I can tell by your OP that you're strong as hell. So remind yourself of that---beautiful and worth it---that's you.
  9. Senior Member

As long as you and your children are happy Always here for you!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I'm sorry.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast