Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Where do I begin?

  1. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #1

    Where do I begin?

    Advertisements
    Now that DB and I are over, I need to remember how to be single and move on.

    I don't know what I should do or how I should act. Luckily, the snow storm has kept me inside so I have time to be by myself. But exDB keeps texting me and asking what I'm up to and how the weather is here. He even said I love you when he had to go. I don't know if it was just out of habit or what. But it kind of hurt.

    It's weird. I'm tired of people asking what happened. Already it's begun..the ex-boyfriends creepin around saying "hey how are you" because they know I'm single now...Which I HATE!l

    I just don't know what I should do lol. Is that weird? How do I be single?! I haven't been single for a long time. I was with exDb for 8 months, and then the ex before him I only broke up with a month before dating DB. He was unexpected. And that guy I dated for a year and half.


    My roommate (yes the one who steals my clothes) apologized to me for being so distant all semester and wants to have more girl time this semester (which I'm really excited about because we used to be so close). Hopefully we'll get to go out and stuff and get drinks. I dunno. This is weird. lol
    Last edited by BudLiteQueen; 01-12-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: major spelling issues
  2. Regular Member
    Jillybean88's Avatar
    Jillybean88 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,550
    #2
    I'm on the same page I wasn't sure how to act at first either. I think it was a little easier for me since we were LD anyway, so usually when I went out at home he wasn't around anyway.

    Just have some time for yourself and have fun! And that's great about your roommate wanting to spend more time together! You'll figure it out!

    ETA: I would also ignore his texts. It's not going to be any easier to get over this and move on if he's constantly trying to talk to you. And as for the xboyfriends, if they're that bad, block them from however they're communicating with you! Start fresh with everything!
  3. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    jennifromdablok's Avatar
    jennifromdablok is offline
    I'm still Jennie from the block....
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Socal/Kansas
    Posts
    4,300

    #3
    Hang in there chick you will get into the swing of things. It's only been a day so give yourself time. As for him. Just ignore his texts. To me it sounds like he doesn't think you were serious. By ignoring him you will show him you meant what you said. If you need to, you could even block his number from your phone. It's up to you. I know it's hard to think of things like that when it firsts happens.
    I hope you & your roomie get out for some girl time soon. It will do you some good! Now go get some icecream (or booze lol) and watch a marathon of action movies with no love story to them. ! Big hug hun!


  4. I <3 my Sergeant
    Armywifey08's Avatar
    Armywifey08 is offline
    I <3 my Sergeant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fort Carson
    Posts
    303
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    I am sorry I have no advice. I havent been single in five years. But I wanted to wish you luck and I hope it is a smooth transition for you.

    Cancer Survivor!
    35 Rounds of Radiation-2005
    18 Rounds of Chemotherapy-2006
    Deployment Survivor!
    16 Months-2007
    12 Months-2009

  5. Senior Member
    soldierissued's Avatar
    soldierissued is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    273
    #5
    I hope you get some quality girl time and feel better!

    Get your hair done, nails done, get all done up and go out

    And also, I agree with ignore the text messages. I had an exDB who would text me all the time and message me on fb telling me how much he missed me that he loved me, and calling me pet names and at first I responded back cause I felt bad, still had feelings for him, etc. And it just made it harder for me to let go. Once I stood up for myself, I told him to leave me alone, I didn't love him anymore, etc. and it got A LOT easier after we stopped talking.

    Good luck sweetie! Chin up and keep looking forward.
  6. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    I'm on the same page I wasn't sure how to act at first either. I think it was a little easier for me since we were LD anyway, so usually when I went out at home he wasn't around anyway.

    Just have some time for yourself and have fun! And that's great about your roommate wanting to spend more time together! You'll figure it out!

    ETA: I would also ignore his texts. It's not going to be any easier to get over this and move on if he's constantly trying to talk to you. And as for the xboyfriends, if they're that bad, block them from however they're communicating with you! Start fresh with everything!
    ditto....I think he's hoping to keep you "in waiting" for his convenience. And you might not be able to move on as you want to because he's still in contact and probably knows he's got some sort of effect on you.

    As for the new beginnings, take it by the horns, live your life. Right now the world is your play ground, and be like the dos equiss dude, be adventurous, enjoy life.
  7. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierissued View Post
    I hope you get some quality girl time and feel better!

    Get your hair done, nails done, get all done up and go out
    And also, I agree with ignore the text messages. I had an exDB who would text me all the time and message me on fb telling me how much he missed me that he loved me, and calling me pet names and at first I responded back cause I felt bad, still had feelings for him, etc. And it just made it harder for me to let go. Once I stood up for myself, I told him to leave me alone, I didn't love him anymore, etc. and it got A LOT easier after we stopped talking.

    Good luck sweetie! Chin up and keep looking forward.
    ditto....go out and treat yourself. Some guys hone in on someone that feels good about themselves. And when you feel better, your ex can't have that hold on you and you can't feel bad for making a decision to not be treated like he was treating you. You should put yourself first now. good luck and have fun with turning a new page in your life. and you are definitely the wind beneath my wings.
  8. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    ditto....I think he's hoping to keep you "in waiting" for his convenience. And you might not be able to move on as you want to because he's still in contact and probably knows he's got some sort of effect on you.

    As for the new beginnings, take it by the horns, live your life. Right now the world is your play ground, and be like the dos equiss dude, be adventurous, enjoy life.
    "His mother has a tattoo that says Son"
    hahahhahah
  9. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    KarmaRocks's Avatar
    KarmaRocks is offline
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,212
    #9
    You might want to go on the No contact wagon for a while. He's messing with your head trying to keep you on the hook for when he feels like not being an asshole anymore. You are better than him and his games. Tell him to leave you alone. You can do it kindly. You can tell him that you need time to yourself to get back on track in your life and you can't do that if he keeps texting you. Tell him when you feel ready you will reinitiate contact to try to maintain a friendship (only YOU know if that will really happen or not). If he can't handle that....to freaking bad for him. He had his chance and he blew it.

    As far as what now? Do the things you want to do. Focus on you. Focus on school. Get involved in some school activities or clubs or whatever they have at college. Get a hobby. Take some art classes or cooking classes. Stay busy and when you least expect it a wonderful man will find his way into your life. BUT FIRST you have to get used to being alone and ok with that and ok with being in your own company. Learn to love yourself without a man. You can do it. You just have to put your mind to it.





    "Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  10. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    You might want to go on the No contact wagon for a while. He's messing with your head trying to keep you on the hook for when he feels like not being an asshole anymore. You are better than him and his games. Tell him to leave you alone. You can do it kindly. You can tell him that you need time to yourself to get back on track in your life and you can't do that if he keeps texting you. Tell him when you feel ready you will reinitiate contact to try to maintain a friendship (only YOU know if that will really happen or not). If he can't handle that....to freaking bad for him. He had his chance and he blew it.

    As far as what now? Do the things you want to do. Focus on you. Focus on school. Get involved in some school activities or clubs or whatever they have at college. Get a hobby. Take some art classes or cooking classes. Stay busy and when you least expect it a wonderful man will find his way into your life. BUT FIRST you have to get used to being alone and ok with that and ok with being in your own company. Learn to love yourself without a man. You can do it. You just have to put your mind to it.
    you're so wise it's not even funny.

    thanks. i definitely need to say something. i asked him not to say things like he would when we were together because it's hard enough and i need some space.

    i'm really excited to get some more girl time. I'm meeting my best friend for coffee Friday. We had a falling out this summer so we are going to get together and talk about some stuff. Hopefully all will go well. I definitely want to be alone for as long as I can for now. I don't think I can handle any other men right now. Bleh. that's too much of a headache.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •