Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Why did I just do this?

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

Duh Why did I just do this?

Advertisements
    I dated this guy 3 years ago (we started dating 3 years ago this month) He was a douche bag and I knew it right away. But he was super cute and we had fun goofing around together. I told my friends after out 3rd date that I was sure he had another girlfriend. Still, he was very insistent on being my boyfriend, and I obliged (I've only had 3 actual boyfriends ever. I date. A lot). And then very insistent on me telling him I love him back. I had no proof he had another girl, just a feeling. 2 months later, she finally messaged me on myspace asking if I was his g/f. We talked and figured out how it was all going down (we were both convinced there was a 3rd girl too. I thought maybe he lived with a chick. We weren't allowed at his house). Long story short, total douche bag.

For 18 months, he and I would randomly talk. And he would always try to tell me he loved me and missed me. I never trusted him. And I wouldnt believe he was being serious when he'd say these things to me, and I'd tell him that. When I decided to move to KY, I told him and he acted so sad and hurt and angry because me moving away meant he'd never get me back. He tried to make me feel guilty that I was leaving him in Cleveland.

We didn't talk for a year. A couple weeks ago, I was bored and decided to see if he had a Facebook. He does. I friend requested him, not even sure if he'd add me (I wasn't very nice the last time he tried to guilt trip me). He did.

Stupid me just IMed him on there. He asked how I like KY and if I miss Cleveland. I was saying that I don't know what I'm doing, where I'll end up in 6 months. He said "well my luck ull never come back so i came to terms with it"

I don't know if it's because he's the one who f-ed me over or what, but I think I seek this from him. Even if I don't believe him, and I don't really want to hear it, I think I kindof enjoy it and that's why I talk to him. Maybe there's a little part of me that thinks that if he were to grow up, we would make a pretty good pair because we had so much fun being stupid together.
    Whatever it is, I'm stupid for even talking to him
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I've done this before. The best thing to do is de-friend, if he really was all that bad.

There's something about assholes though, that makes us all want to add them to fb.
  3. Senior Member
    Oh my!!! Don't do that to yourself!!!! He is not going to treat you any better!

4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airforcefiance View Post
    I've done this before. The best thing to do is de-friend, if he really was all that bad.

There's something about *******s though, that makes us all want to add them to fb.
    ditto...there are two that I have blocked totally. I don't need the drama from way back when and I'm a great place. I have three more that I wouldn't do it just because, its just not good.
  5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    He sounds like a good manipulator. People can tell you to cut him out til they're blue in the face, but ultimately it's got to be your choice. You decide what's best for you and follow through with it, be strong

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i've done shit like that for the attention and ego boost.

7. Senior Member
    Sometimes we're crazy, us chicks... but I have to tell you, this is headed down a bad path. I've done dumb things like this in the name of just catching up or "for fun." It's never ended well. Your gut was right from the get-go, and most cheaters/two-timers don't ever change.
    Sorry, no matter how much fun this might be temporarily, but this is a bad idea... You gotta think more of yourself than this!
    I miss him so much... but I love him even more. And that makes all the difference!
  8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    i've done shit like that for the attention and ego boost.
    I think that's just it. I'm bored.

I have no intentions on seriously talking with him. I IMed him and he said "whats up" and I said "nothing. i'm just bored". He gave me his number, and I "by accident" didn't even save it in my phone. I doubt it was so much an accident.
    He of course thinks I should move back to Ohio, but I have no intentions of doing that, and even if I did, I wouldn't date him again.
    I just wanted to Facebook stalk him, but I crossed a line by IMing him, and that was stupid