Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling used?

1. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

Confused Feeling used?

Advertisements
    I think I just need to let this out and see if I am going crazy or not.

So after the break up in November ExDB told me he didn't want me out of his life and that he wanted to stay friends because I really am his best friend and I'm the only one he feels close to, so for the past two months I have been there for him every single day. I have remained close friends with him and gosh did it hurt. Every other day he would say something and I would over think it and start to think it meant we would be getting back together, only for it to mean nothing at all. Anyways I tried to stick it out until christmas break when I knew I would see him so we could at least talk it out.

Christmas break rolls around, I am still in school in Ohio while he is back home in Michigan for a week and he texts me telling me I'm the only one he wants to see while he is home and he misses me blah blah blah...I end up driving four hours christmas eve night just to go see him. I got to michigan at 3 in the morning and he couldn't wait to see me so he picked me up. From that point to the 30th we spent every single day together. He introduced me to his whole family, went ice fishing and had awesome dates. I had the best time with him and he said he did too.

isn't something I take lightly at all and the weekend of the ball was the first time we had done that after being together for over 10 months. He made me feel so unbelievably comfortable and I agreed to still have with him even after we broke up. Well while he was home we did on his last night and I won't lie it was amazing and so romantic. The next morning was his flight so we went out to a final breakfast with his friends and it was awkward, I am terrible at goodbye's especially because I won't see him till after I am done with basic and AIT..just the way it's working out.
    Well ever since he went back it hasn't been the same, we rarely talk. Definitely not on a daily basis. Yesterday I got into a car accident and I hurt my shoulder and neck but nothing serious. I was still shaken up and wanted to talk to him about it because he swore he was still there for me. I told him about it and his response was "oh, that sucks. Sounds like your night was complicated."
    That was it, so I was a little hurt. He told me to get on Skype and after forty minutes of just sitting there waiting for him to get on he finally decided to get on. He sat there while I tried talking to him, playing his video games. I continued to try and joke around and start conversation but he wasn't interested. After a while of me just sitting there, he typed "going to turn off video games, get on Netflix and watch a movie." Usually we watch movies together through Netflix so I asked him what movie and he said "idk I'll find one. Talk to you later, Night" and signed off quickly.
    Haven't talked since then.
    I feel like I was used for sex, and now he isn't interested.
    I hate how one single boy can make me feel so weak.
    I should just move on right? Why is it so damn hard?

I'm so sorry this is so long. If anyone read all of that you are my hero. I never know when to stop typing Also sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'm going to go take a nap

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  2. Senior Member
    i think you should start moving on.
    its going to be hard but you can do it
  3. Senior Member

Yes. It sounds like he used you.

You need to cut ties and look out for yourself.
  4. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Oh girl, you are worth more than that! You deserve more, from any person in your life who treats you like that. Move on hun I know it's easier to say than it is done, but even though it's hard work it will happen. And you will be happier and have a better life for it.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Regular Member
    Sounds like he's playing games. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he can always fall back on you, and that you'll always be there, because he will clearly take advantage of that. It'll be hard but the best thing you can do is cut all ties with him and try to move on. I'm sorry you're going through this Keep your head up!
  6. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Oh girl, you are worth more than that! You deserve more, from any person in your life who treats you like that. Move on hun I know it's easier to say than it is done, but even though it's hard work it will happen. And you will be happier and have a better life for it.
    Thank you guys, I think I needed to hear it from other people to make sure I wasn't just over reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    Sounds like he's playing games. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he can always fall back on you, and that you'll always be there, because he will clearly take advantage of that. It'll be hard but the best thing you can do is cut all ties with him and try to move on. I'm sorry you're going through this Keep your head up!
    You're probably right, thanks

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  7. Senior Member
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. And I def think you need to move on and find someone that appreciates you as much as you appreciate them!

8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post

I completely agree with this. You are better off without this guy! Sorry. It sucks.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  9. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    He's a dick. I'd listen to everybody else and just drop him. Clearly, all that keeping in touch with him is going to do is bring you one let down after another.

be cool.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    Yep, sounds like you are reading into his actions more than what he thought you would. Honestly it sounds like you a best "friends with benefits" situation. IDK, but if you are wanting back what you had, he may not be into you as much as he was, so you either can settle for this, or move on and find some one who wants more than a FWB from an ex which it really sounds like what your ex wants.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast