Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can finally start moving on

1. Regular Member

I can finally start moving on

Advertisements
    I spoke with exDB yesterday about some things that were bothering me and I told him that the reason I have been unhappy is because I'm holding onto this relationship with the hopes that it will work out when he comes home. I came to the realization that I just need to let go of it and move on. I told him that this is what I need to do and he said he thinks it'd be best for me to move on, as well.

So now begins the grieving period. Not because I miss him or us, but because it's finally over and I can let go and move forward and hopefully, one day, meet someone who will make me feel just as good or even better than exDB made me feel.

I've read a lot of people's posts on this site about how they were devestated when their relationships with their ex's ended because they never thought they would meet someone like them or get along so well with someone else, but almost everyone has found someone new and it's been better than it was, so that gives me hope

"...And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on...."
  2. Senior Member
    Good for you. I've been in the grieving process for a while, but I am finally moving on and going to let myself be open to someone new, whenever he comes along. Here if you ever need to talk.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm glad you are moving on! More

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  4. Regular Member
    I'm glad you got the closure you needed and can start moving on and living your life!
  5. Senior Member
    I am so glad you can finally close the door and move on!

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I think you've got a really healthy mindset about this, it sounds like you've got a very positive perspective and that's a good thing. I'm glad you got your closure and I wish you all the best.

I'm most definitely one of the girls that found out that one door closes and another opens for a reason! It happens when you're not expecting it in any way. I met current DB on week after exDB and I broke it off for the last time and DB was patient and waited until I was ready to date. We are taking things slowly but I've never EVER been with anyone like him and I couldn't be happier. Just keep your head up and know we're always here for you!

my PM box is always open.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    I'm glad you got the closure you needed and can start moving on and living your life!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah dee View Post
    I am so glad you can finally close the door and move on!
    So happy you are ready to move on! You are one step closer to finding yourself, and opening the door to a whole new world! Good luck!
  9. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Your happy ending will include a man....just not THAT man. A better man that will never let you feel like you are anything other than a priority to him.

Be blessed!

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    Your happy ending will include a man....just not THAT man. A better man that will never let you feel like you are anything other than a priority to him.

Be blessed!
    This almost made me cry... in a good way. But I held together.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast