Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: End of the road

1. Regular Member

End of the road

Advertisements
    If you've read my posts, I'm all over the place. I have been since Oct, when exDB and I decided to take a break. I went on a date last week that was very awkward, but the date made me miss exDB even more. One minute I'm fine, the next I'm completely sad about the whole situation.

I'm constantly asking how this has happened. How could someone tell you that you that you mean the world to them, then 3 months into deployment tell you that they dont know how they feel about you anymore.

I am SO sick of talking about this to my friends and on these boards. I am SO sick of being sad and helpless.. It's been over 2 months since this happened. I was doing good for a while, but I think because the holidays are rolling around, and this time last year we were together, that it is making me really sad and this is just so overwhelming. I would never wish these feelings on anyone. Itd be one thing if there was a reason behind all of this or if he cheated or if there was a reason to just cut him out of my life completely, but I cant because I love him and want things to work out between us.

He comes home from deployment next month. We said we are going to explore our relationship again but I am terrified. Terrified that his feelings really ARE gone. Terrified, nervous, scared, anxious that things might not be the same or even close....those are thoughts that are running through my head everyday now that the time is winding down.

Has anyone been through this before? Been broken up with/broken up with someone before or during a deployment because the other person who was deployed shut their feelings off for you? If so, what happened when they got back? Did you get back together? Were the feelings REALLY gone?
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My situation is a bit different and I wish I could answer your questions to help you out a little bit, but all I could offer is a
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I wish I could help you, but exDB JUST did this to me and he doesn't come back til June. I hope things work out for you.

I can understand the pain and questions, I am right there with you. It's a day by day thing.

I know you said you are tired of talking, but PM me if you wanna talk.

4. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    you just have to accept that sometimes people change. deployment or not, feelings are feelings. they aren't permanent or set in stone. it's difficult to accept this, but you've just got to. every relationship is different so i don't think it's fair to yourself to seek happy endings or heartbroken stories on here... just have faith that if it's meant to be, it'll be.

5. Senior Member
    Sorry

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Senior Member
    The same kind of thing happened with me and xDF. One day everything was good and he was telling me he loved me, the next he was breaking up with me for no reason. I asked him to think about it, and begged him to give me a reason. A month later, a month of me not knowing what was going on and holding on to hope, he told me that he never loved me. Now, I am more than sure this is not true, but it was probably the best thing that happened, because it hurt me enough to make me forget about him.

He told a friend of ours that feelings change, and i believe that they do. I also really believe that the deployment was a huge cause of it. He pretty much told me he doesn't ever want to see me again, mainly because it would bring a lot of feelings back.

I don't really have that much first hand advise for you, because I have no intentions of getting back together with him, i just want you to know you're not alone. But I think if your heart can handle it, you should try the relationship out again. Just do not let him continue to pull at your heart anymore than you can handle. At some point you need to make a decision on whether to cut it all loose or stay together.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. Senior Member

whats meant to be will always find its way