Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do?

1. Regular Member

What should I do?

Advertisements
    Okay so exDB and I decided to take a break about 2 months ago because he said he is confused about how he feels about me. He said that if we are meant to be, we will get back together when he comes home Well, we have remained close and I still send him care packages and we still email almost everyday, etc. Well, a couple of weeks ago I told him that I'm going to jump back into the dating pool. He said he mentally prepared himself for that and that he doesnt want to get in the way of my happiness.

Well, I've kind of been talking to this guy on Match.com for about a week or so and he wants to met on Wednesday for dinner but I would kind of feel bad if I did. I still love exDB and I still want things to work out with him. He said that we can explore our relationship when he gets back. Well, he comes back next month!

What do I do? I mean, I need to prepare myself for exDBs feelings really being gone and me moving on, but if his feelings are still there and I end up talking to this other guy, I dont want the other guy to get hurt. Do I continue talking to this other guy or do I stop and wait and see what happens with exDB?

It's been two months since he told me his feelings are different. It still hurts everyday and I still miss him to piecies.

What would you do if you were in my position?
    Last edited by FadeIntoYou; 12-13-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: clarification
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    You are not committed and have no obligation to be faithful to your ex boyfriend. I say go on a date and see where it goes
    Good luck

3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I say go on a date. You might miss out on the opportunity to meet a wonderful guy if you don't go!! Good luck!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Senior Member

You're obviously not looking to jump right into a serious relationship regardless of your status with your ex, so just go out to dinner and have a good time. You never know, you could end up making a really great friend or even finding your soul mate. Don't let an opportunity pass you by just because you "hope" you and your ex can work things out. Don't miss out on living life!

Good luck
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Date. You may meet a guy that blows you away and you'll look back at your ex and go "WTF was I thinking????" Then too bad for your ex. He had the chance to be with you and he pushed you aside because he wasn't sure how he felt about you? Let me tell you, if they pull that crap once they can and will probably pull it again. I dated that man off and on for 7 yrs. I loved him, never thought I'd meet another man that I loved as much, blah blah blah and finally I had enough of being his yoyo and dumped him. Shortly there after I met my DH and when I look back at what I had with ex DF compared to what I have now, it is night and day. I have never felt so loved, treasured and adored.

There is life after love...and maybe mr. Match.com is it.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I say go on the date but be clear with whomever you're going on the date with that you're not looking to jump into anything serious.

7. You are here.
    You are here.
    Well, he didn't try to stop you, so why are you holding out on a fleeting hope that once he comes home he'll be running back to you if he didn't have any objections? I would hate to see you pass up an opportunity just for your ex to come back and then move on with out you in his future, and you waited for nothing. IDK, to me you are a friend now, nothing more.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinthesky View Post

You're obviously not looking to jump right into a serious relationship regardless of your status with your ex, so just go out to dinner and have a good time. You never know, you could end up making a really great friend or even finding your soul mate. Don't let an opportunity pass you by just because you "hope" you and your ex can work things out. Don't miss out on living life!

Good luck
    ditto as well.... just go out for a great date and free chow. You may have a blast, it doesn't mean you're going to marry mr. match.com, just means you are very social.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think if it really bothered your ex DB he would get back with you, y'all aren't committed anymore so go enjoy yourself and go on a date.
  10. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Go out and date. Your exDB didn't try and stop you in anyway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast