Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And the real truth is...

1. Regular Member

Mad And the real truth is...

Advertisements
    I have found out that my now ex DB has decided he loves deployment. Loves it so much that he wants to keep doing it all the time and that he considered me to be a distraction from his love of deployment.

He loves it soooooooooo much that he cant be bothered with a relationship.

A$$!!!!

So my relationship was based on a series of lies. When I first met him he told me that family/ life in general came ahead of the Army and if he had to choose he would leave. He lied to me and I sacrificed a lot of my life/stuff/security based on those lies. How nice for me. I dont think if I ever meet a man in the military I would ever be able to trust them
  2. Go Ducks!
    Go Ducks!
    What an a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    While I agree that your exDB is a doucher, I really don't find it fair to judge every military man based on him... especially when my husband is one of those men you'll "never trust again." I get what you're saying, but generalizing all military men based off of your exDouchB isn't a very mature thing for you to do.

be cool.
  4. Senior Member
    I don't get it. It's not like he can "choose" to just not deploy anymore if he's in the military. Maybe I'm missing something

If the issue is that he called you a "distraction" then yeah that sucks big time.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by starysaturn View Post
    I have found out that my now ex DB has decided he loves deployment. Loves it so much that he wants to keep doing it all the time and that he considered me to be a distraction from his love of deployment.

A$$!!!!

So my relationship was based on a series of lies. When I first met him he told me that family/ life in general came ahead of the Army and if he had to choose he would leave. He lied to me and I sacrificed a lot of my life/stuff/security based on those lies. How nice for me. I dont think if I ever meet a man in the military I would ever be able to trust them
    whoa. i'm gonna stop you right there, because this is about to get ugly, i can tell you that right now.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't think she was saying that military people aren't trustworthy, just that she personally feels she can't trust them. So she knows the issue is on her not them and isn't saying anyone did anything wrong. Well besidse her ex that is.

OP that really sucks! I'm sorry you feel betrayed.
    Last edited by Tojai; 12-05-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: clarity
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starysaturn View Post

A$$!!!!

Ok, just to let you see this from another point of view, what if you meet another military man and he is the one you are supposed to marry? Don't judge them and dismiss them from the start.

My ex of 2 1/2 yrs lied to me about a lot of big things so I wouldn't break up with him, and he went on to cheat on me and stuff too. He was an electrician/ owned a successful lawn care business. I can't generalize and say all people with those occupations are the same way.

It might be expected you would be more leery of men in general after your experience, and I would understand that, but for you to discriminate and only be more leery of military men is not the best mindset to have. Also it won't get you very far on this site.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

8. Flying solo
    Flying solo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I don't think she was saying that military people aren't trustworthy, just that she personally feels she can't trust them. So she knows the issue is on her not them and isn't saying anyone did anything wrong. Well besidse her ex that is.

OP that really sucks! I'm sorry you feel betrayed.
    I get that, and I am really sorry for the OP's situation, but surely she must know that a generalized comment like that on a site full of military SOs is not going to be received well.

I typically don't touch stuff like this with a ten foot pole and again, I'm sorry that the OP is hurt by the actions/feelings of her ex.
    Jennifer
    Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.
    HisJuliet is my Twinny but I also use her for
  9. Regular Member
    If he wants to focus mostly on his career, it's probably best he tell you now rather than lead you further into a relationship which he isn't 100% committed to. I hope you start feeling better soon.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySoldier View Post
    If he wants to focus mostly on his career, it's probably best he tell you now rather than lead you further into a relationship which he isn't 100% committed to. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    maybe he wasn't trying to be an a-hole, but he was just trying to be honest with you??? if this is his calling, he might just want to get his career intact first. How old are you two if you don't mind my asking?
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast