Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We decided to break it off

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

Thumb Down We decided to break it off

Advertisements
    So he went in and talked to the recruiter and they are not accepting GEDs right now. He said that he has a job that he could easily go back to in Nebraska and it will be easier of Morgan if he is where she can see her mom if she wants too. So moral of the story he's decided to move back to NE.

When he told me all this we talked for a long time about having a long distance relationship but I just don't think it's a good idea. I know he says he's done with his ex but they have a lot of history and a daughter together and with him being a couple states away I just don't know that I want to worry about it. We aren't incredibly serious at this point and it's just not feasible to think that we could make a long distance relationship work right now.

I'm upset, I've some but I honestly think that this is what's best. I feel like if we tried to continue a relationship it would end badly at some point down the road and I would resent him and I don't want that. So we're just going to be friends. We'll probably still talk quite a bit but we're free to date other people.

....Gosh I hope I'm doing the right thing here
    Last edited by April Lynne; 11-23-2010 at 09:19 PM.

2. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    I'm sorry to hear that.

If it's something that you don't think you can handle then I think you're making the right decision. And friendship isn't completely out of bounds either. I know you liked this guy, so I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this.

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  3. FiFi89
    FiFi89

Awh hun I m sorry things couldnt work out! But only you know best, if you think this is the right decision for you AND ur lil heart, then stick with it! Hope you re ok!

Fifi & Gavin
  4. Senior Member

I was shocked to read your post because it seemed that not to long ago that he was so gung-ho about you eventually meeting his daughter and her coming to live with him. I'm really sorry this happened

I think it is really mature of you to realize that a long distance relationship is not something that would be feasible for the two of you, especially with the possibility of things happening with his ex.

I send you lots of and that everything works out the way it is supposed to and that you will have lots and lots of happiness to come.
    Jenni Penni's lil' trooper +=
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    You really shocked me with that! It sounds like it makes sense to me, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

6. Senior Member
    I'm sorry. Hang in there, April
  7. Senior Member
    I am so sorry. But, I think you guys are both doing what's best. Sometimes things don't pan out and they just aren't meant to be. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably do the same thing, especially now that I'm in a long distance relationship. Because, if I wasn't sure that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Alex... I don't think I could do it. And he's in the same state that I am in.

If things are meant to be, they'll happen. You gotta look out for you sometimes, and it seems like that foundation of trust isn't there, at least not enough that is required of a long distance relationship, and I can't say I blame you. Having a kid with someone forms a very unique bond.
  8. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    i'm so sorry april, but you can only do what you think is best so if this is it, then you made the right decision
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC
  9. Senior Member

Sorry, honey...
  10. Regular Member
    I'm sorry. Hope you two stay in touch and maybe one day can reconnect if you still have the same feelings!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast