Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont know how to start over

1. Regular Member

Confused I dont know how to start over

Advertisements
    DB broke up with me while he's deployed. He says that our careers are taking us in opposite directions so we can be together. umm ok even though since the beginning he said since we love each other we'll figure it out. Guess he decided to give up. I dont know how to start over. I dont want to start over. I hate this!!! I dont even know how to start. I feel so empty.

I was single for 2 years before DB because I had been hurt in the past so it's hard for me to open up to new people. I opened up to DB and now he just thew me away. I dont know what to do.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If you just broke up I don't think you need to be worrying about opening up to new people. Be single for a while and enjoy yourself! Focus on your career and don't worry about starting over in a relationship. It takes time to heal and that's completely normal.
  3. Senior Member
    DB and I just broke up too. Right now I'm just taking it day by day. If you beginning thinking about opening up, meeting new people, all those things, it will overwhelm you. You should give yourself time to "grieve" the relationship and the loss of it. I am not dating for awhile. Honestly, I don't want to after this relationship.

Things will get better. It's hard and you can start over. It just might take longer than you want or anticipated. Be easy on yourself.
  4. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

I'm so sorry hun! You need to take time for yourself. Let yourself heal from the heart break. Focus on YOU right now... It will take time but it will get better. It's his loss & the best way to show him that is to let him see you moved on & happy. Work on your career & things you have put on hold lately or set aside. reattach to friends & go out & have fun!

5. Senior Member
    I agree with the other ladies.

If you want to talk you can pm me.
    I'm in the same boat that you are in.
    Life is like photography,
    We develop from negatives.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    If you just broke up I don't think you need to be worrying about opening up to new people. Be single for a while and enjoy yourself! Focus on your career and don't worry about starting over in a relationship. It takes time to heal and that's completely normal.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Breakups are hard. I was devastated after exDF and I split.

I agree with PP, don't think about your next relationship right now. take time to heal and get back to yourself after this one. Look forward to being you and succeeding in your career and once you least expect it, you will realize that happiness stumbled upon you again.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Giving yourself time to recover is the best thing you can do for yourself. I totally agree with GoArmy13. If you need someone to chat with when you are feeling down, feel free to send me a PM

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    ditto...take your time.....right now you are in healing mode, and its best to just mourn your loss of a relationship, and potential plans and dreams you made. Just live your life for yourself now, and you never know, the one that is supposed to be yours will find their way into your life. good luck, i hope your journey to a new start on life will be smooth and that you find joy with yourself first, after that everything else will fall into place.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MUWgirl View Post
    DB and I just broke up too. Right now I'm just taking it day by day. If you beginning thinking about opening up, meeting new people, all those things, it will overwhelm you. You should give yourself time to "grieve" the relationship and the loss of it. I am not dating for awhile. Honestly, I don't want to after this relationship.

Things will get better. It's hard and you can start over. It just might take longer than you want or anticipated. Be easy on yourself.
    i agree with MUWgirl, my bf broke up with me 2 weeks ago and its pretty much a day by day thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast